CHESTERS1, NEED HELP

Phone

Doesnt work for me Mr Bush

This one looks ok

https://mitchellreels.ourboard.org/gallery/

The best one i ever found was called Werpolens or something in the Netherlands but that seems to have disapeared

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

5 minutes ago, Martin56 said:

Doubt it Phone - Mitchell's have now gone Chinese!!

Thanks to Martin56 I'm now the proud owner of threeMitchell 300s, threeMitchell 440s match, spare spools and an unidentified Centrepin. I spent all morning stripping, cleaning, re oiling, and generally servicing. One tiny spring to order and they're all just about as good as new. The Chinese...

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Update this seems to indicate why the site you mention is wonky

https://m.facebook.com/MitchellReelMuseum/?locale2=nl_NL

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

So if I told you there are hand made bench reels being made in FRANCE w/ "made in France" and are marked (I forget) either ABU MITCHELL OR GARCIA MITCHELL - do you think I'm crazy as a bedbug? I only got a cursory look at the box and open faced reel. I was interested in a date, Which I  didn't find. The owner had a heavy accent which I could not identify and was only modestly friendly

Phone

Seen the likes of? French made reels? Mitchell garcia wasnt the sole maker of french reels

http://www.mitchellcap.info/

This was a favourite of mine until the decades old internal plastic part fell apart ,yes its french it wasnt just ABU and the americans and japs making them even k p morritt designed  one but it was to expensive to fit in with the pricing and incresed purchase tax of the time

https://www.thomasturner.com/shop/crack-contact-400-french-vintage-closed-face-match-fishing-reel-2-s-spools-box/

just as hardy are not the only english ones in history.Pezon mitchell was pre garcia ,they also teamed up with luxor (not up on reels bar intrepid who later teamed up with gladding etc) then theres the smaller makers in every country theres thousands of long gone makers in gb no doupt hundreds of thousands worldwide

Note i see pezon mitchel (i?) Exists reserection of a tradename by china to grab the past maker to imply prestige? Campri didn'twork!

Angling was common once every tom dick and harry made reels, especially after ww2 when there was a glut of aluminium Every main shop sold tackle even marks and spencers Far less nowadays online sales are now the biggest seller china the biggest maker 

Edited by chesters1

All,

That's better CHESTERS1. Iwas in and out of the conversation so quickly I cannot tell you it appeared to be a quality product. I was impressed at first - then I got to stirring the chit I use for brains. Now, don't REALLY have a clue.

phone