My (new) pet hate!

chesters1

If he had asked what languages do they speak in England you would still be compiling your list

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Ayjay did you buy the Alessi one which is excellent quality?

Or did you buy a cheap one which will quickly end up on landfill, because it lasts no time at all?

I bet you're a Citroen driver 

Ours is 63 years old and called Doreen

She is ceramic in parts mostly in her knees !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

22 hours ago, leedafeeder said:

Ayjay did you buy the Alessi one which is excellent quality?

Or did you buy a cheap one which will quickly end up on landfill, because it lasts no time at all?

I bet you're a Citroen driver 

The Alessi peeler has a horizontal blade; no use to me at all, I'm not changing the way I peel spuds after over 60 years.

Mine is Japanese: Kyocera. I declined the one offered on eBay for £25 and got the same thing from Amazon for £9.95. Expensive for a spud peeler, but I'm at that stage of my life where I can buy what I want without worrying about the cost.

I had a Citroen BX a few years ago and I quite liked that, I now have a tin shed in the front garden that used to be a Berlingo van, but you're wrong, I don't drive a Citroen, out of necessity I drive a Wheelchair Accessible Peugeot. Unfortunately I had to sell my BMW, I can't justify running two vehicles.

peugeot2020 modified.jpg

BMW modified modified.jpg

My mate drives a Land Drover Evoque & takes me fishing most Wednesdays!!

He fishes the Pole & I fish the Pin - He beats me most times but I get most of the fun!!

I've put on the Pin I used to fish with when I was 14 (& it was old even then)

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Got a lift home as a kid in a supercharged bently ,steering wheel the size of a merry go round lost my hat but got home a lot faster than the bus!

Took a week for my teeth and eyes to stop rattling suspension was not good in the 30's not as bad as a boat fishing trip in my brothers citreon something (He drives everywhere flat out braking at the last moment)  with both globes in the rear shot a very fast trip from farnham to weymouth was awful i cannot understand why hes not dead? One of those that causes accidents but never in them!

Despite the boast every depot has a team just waiting to speak to you no amount of trying can get past the bot on the phone ,wrong number simply gets the reply not the right number ,computer says get lost!

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fricking Hermes!

2 parcels havebeen sitting in the local distribution  center since Monday ,every day it says its on its way (two day delivery mind) used their online system ....."Its at your local depot" ,........yes it has been since monday i rage at my tablet.

Phone up go through the auto phone system relaying first number ..".i can see it its at your local depot ,would you like to take a survey".... .put phone down before it goes through window!

Wheres the ****ing humans to swear at ,bloody hermes!

• Haha 1

Update ,the two day delivery for two parcels is now 7 days on each i got excited when the APP said for one it was with my courier and would be delivered between 2 and 4 pm that time went ! a few minutes ago an email arrived saying the courier tried to deliver it but there was no safe place to leave it.

Strange that i have 3 cameras that cover the front and and at no time did a courier enter and look for this missing place ,unfortunately unlike all the rest of the delivery firms you cannot tell them this to call their bluff by offering time stamped footage! How the hell does this company exist!

Edited by chesters1