My (new) pet hate!

chesters1

Some years ago when I worked as a computer nerd at a carpet warehouse, someone (female) rang up and asked "How much will a carpet cost for my bedroom?". 

I asked what size her bedroom is, she didn't know. I had to explain how she should measure the size and then visit one of our shops or come to the warehouse and choose a carpet she liked, since they come in different prices depending on the quality. She still didn't understand. 

• Haha 1

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Well the parcels just turned up both taking 8 days (i have had parcels from banggood faster) for a 2-day delivery service!

I even phoned Aldi (the originator of one parcel and using a phone is my pet hate I cannot abide them)they said it was typical of Hermes, I asked why did they use them then ? It was 'policy' he said !

Never found any way of contacting hermes to talk to this "friendly team at every depot" even the email telling me it had arrived had a link for any problems that went to the exact same web page and its subsiquent dead ends .The strange thing is there are hermes annoyances groups even crazier you have to join them to see what theyre annoyed about hows that work then? Its not exactly damning material to show them up to the masses

I will never use them but unfortunately i have little control over those i buy from who do! The company will never get better because the people cannot be punished for bad practice!

The other parcel was from ebay the tracking info shows 29 steps ,mostly telling me it was at my local depo and it was "on its way" interspesed with the courier 'has it' one bit says it was going to be delivered last tuesday! pity i cannot screenshot it but its to frickin long!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 2 weeks later...

People publishing photos of themselves taking a selfie 

Similarly people starting a conversation with " as I said"

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Perhaps they did say it and are reminding people they did

Another pet hate :

historians:

their whole output is based on hearsay!

Reenactments :

producers obviously think watchers dont have the intelligence to visualise what they are on about ,my biggest hate "romans" if the word crops up instantly a dozen roman inpersonaters suddenly appear marching somewhere! Mention ww1 and suddenly remarkably clean 'tommies' appear to emphasise something

Programs about nothing!

IE "the search for" type programs an complete program about finding absolutely nothing  IE the search for inca gold or some frickin wreck etc theres one dreadful one about an american? couple of which one is a relation to jack custard ,off they go to some caribean island where some old treasure hunter instantly gives them a location of some pirate wreck ,they swim about waving a metal detector 3 feet of the bottom with fake squealing noises  and all they find is some rusty old bit of metal  and they say it must be related ,program ends its a program about nothing ffs! next week its just the same nothing!

Those bloody OZ series about gold ,people out detecting and 'find' a bit of gold their partner strangely spots this they examine it then they **** off 300 miles to weigh it! If i was there i would not stop and bugger off at the first bloody bit !

Then theres always some drama ,one chap went miles into the bush far from civilisation and then drama someone pinched his battery !what ? He said it was in a very remote area yet someone found his van within a few minutes and pinched his battery ,the even more rediculous bit was he had to walk to the nearest highway to thumb a lift to replace it ,why didnt he get a fricking lift from the bloody film crew filming him ! They must think we are morons! If you look as the prospector turns up theres already sets of tire prints showing another car is there and one of them flying the drone ,if you look really close you can spot the fricking portaloo ,no doubt just out of view is the food wagon so the crew have a nice lunch . whose 'reality' are these programs based on ?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 10/5/2020 at 12:10 AM, chesters1 said:

If he had asked what languages do they speak in England you would still be compiling your list

My wife is a credit controller & collects money from debtors (Companies & Residential) I'm talking people taking the p**s  - Many a time is the reply - "I am Not Understanding!!".

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

1 hour ago, Martin56 said:

My wife is a credit controller & collects money from debtors (Companies & Residential) I'm talking people taking the p**s  - Many a time is the reply - "I am Not Understanding!!".

She is now working from home due to the pandemic in credit control & collects debt against businesses. It's her job, like it or not!!

She's 66 & we're waiting for latest mammogram results having being clear from last breast cancer surgery some 4 years ago.

Edited by Martin56

I have so many pet hates I have my own zoo, but here's one that pees me off every day, cos I can guarantee I'll hear it every day.

TV or radio person:- "Coming up"

Don't waste time telling me what's coming up, just let me see/listen when we get there.

4 hours ago, Martin56 said:

She is now working from home due to the pandemic in credit control & collects debt against businesses. It's her job, like it or not!!

She's 66 & we're waiting for latest mammogram results having being clear from last breast cancer surgery some 4 years ago.

Hopefully everything is ok in that department ,my sister had both removed and her ovaries but is completely fine now

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 6:10 AM, John S said:

Some years ago when I worked as a computer nerd at a carpet warehouse, someone (female) rang up and asked "How much will a carpet cost for my bedroom?". 

I asked what size her bedroom is, she didn't know. I had to explain how she should measure the size and then visit one of our shops or come to the warehouse and choose a carpet she liked, since they come in different prices depending on the quality. She still didn't understand. 

Maybe you missed a Trick there John, you could have offered for one of your guys to go & do a Free measure up & some carpet sample books. Once the guy is in the house -  a Sale would have almost certainly followed!!!!

Maybe fitted by "Speedy Gonzales" - "Underlay Underlay"

Edited by Martin56