well now i know!

chesters1

Yes once we put a decent brit designed engine in it it was

• Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I was going on to mention their AC Cobras but thats the opposite yank engine brit body ! They just cannot get ahead without us brits lol

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

ALL,

cut and paste

""""P-51D, was powered by the Packard V-1650-7, a license-built version of the two-speed two-stage-supercharged Merlin 66.[ROLLS ROYCE] The Packard V-1650 was a version of the Merlin built in the United States. Production ceased in 1950 after a total of almost 150,000 engines had been delivered. """ I'm amazed there were that many - 150,000
My father drove PACKARD automobiles. Our last, a 1952, weighed in at around 8000lbs (my guess).

Phone

I was on crash duty sitting at the end of the runway in a crash wagon at RNAS Yeovilton in Somerset when the yanks delivered the very first of our naval Phantoms which had been refitted with our British Rolls Royce engines, and we could hear over the intercom the American Pilots who were flying them commenting on how good these British Rolls Royce engines were compared to the ones that they had in their own Phantoms back home in the USA.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Thanks 2

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Hmm we get fined for dropping a fag end but.....

https://apnews.com/article/2eb3e6fced6c438598280c1d057b5b4c

Why are those not doing the littering being punished while india and the above do it wholesale?

Did japan recover every bit of rubbish after that sunami ? Nope know we know those that litter most get off with but a bit of wind blowing a bit of paper out of your hand and your crucified!

PS in reality the "officer of fagbutt" needs to prove you were not going to pick it up  but few people know this and get fined 

Edited by chesters1

Well now i know my cctv investment was worthwhile .i had an email from yodel telling me a parcel had arrived ,nothing seen in porch and no-one had knocked.

Went through cctv ,white van stopped outside at about 10 ,driver went to back then got back in and drove off! Thats him getting the gps fix !

Had a chat with yodel ,no sympathy computer says etc and driver handed it to me according to their app its been delivered.

I replied if they can provide time of delivery i will provide timestamped footage of it NOT being delivered!

Chap on other end came back he just checked (who with?) And the drivered had entered "delivered" in error and the parcel will be delivered tomorrow !

NOT the first time !,cctv not only sees what happens its a great way of proving something didnt happen!

To get to my front door you will trigger 4 cameras even a mouse will be seen

Update

A parcel just appeared in my porch ,according to the app, yesterday it was delivered ,then a safe place couldnt be found then the driver couldnt access the property ,strange he had no problem today!

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Or rather i dont i need a hooverbag for my outside hoover so i decided to go the fabric version as they are reusable .

Spotted one for a Henry (mine is not a henry) so posted a simple question "what is the hole size down to a milimetre please " simple question

Two answers so far

55mm

45mm

Why cannot people just measure it they both cannot be right!

No "i sent mine back" or "its crap" yet but they will come!

That didnt take long the moron speaks:

"If your container for the bag is smaller, then that would be OK, if it is larger, then the bag could come off the spigot"

And people think Eugenics is wrong!

Edited by chesters1

• 1 month later...

Well know i know old folk want to die ,just been on my exercise walk and heavens above i came across at least 50 ramblers, not one mask all jockeying for position on a muddy track all chatting away as if a global pandemic of old folk loving viruses didn't exist,i stood in a field as they sauntered past (i heard them long before they caught up with me) and followed them along 30ft behind ,they turn to the track that leads to the green ,they were not locals the yellow jacketed leader had a map and the group stopped whilst he issued the order to go down the bridalway off the BOAT so despite a lockdown these idiots have parked their cars at the green or bourne woods and are going on a ramble .

I ofcourse getting home washed my hands and took a suck on my woods rum bottle (purely for medicinal purposes  ofcourse i read corona hates rum and immediately  commits suicide as their favourite tipple is sanatogen) but we see coppers hasselling a person in the middle no-where seeing no-one yet hoards of barocca  fuelled geriatrics walk about unmolested

Its strange ,i am out most days in the village and rarely see a soul ,pandemics and i am tripping over them!Angry beepings from the road across the field theres a playground there and it fills with 30 odd cars so the kids can play after school ,the parents stand about chatting until someone gets bored and they all start off trying to squeeze past the other cars to get out ,bliss is mine when the swearing drifts across when a local rightly refuses to back up to let them leave ,may sound silly to you but its entertainment indeed a sudden hard rain shower makes it top class entertainment and according to locals opposite blows have been traded!?

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well now i know the NHS has no staff ,i rang 3 different numbers for staff in one tiny department ,all went to messages each one gave a contact number for a different member ,i went round in circles ! Never spoke to a human .Main switchboard  was no help because the bloody extention number did the exact same thing , one extension referred you to the other one which referred you to the first one!

For some reason when i got to the main switcboard (several calls later) they connected me to  the MRI suite who didnt even know the department i was after existed they connected me back to main switchboard where the robot asked for a name or cancel ,i said cancel to hear the words "connecting" i put the phone down!

Edited by chesters1