no more fishing for a while ganag!

bluezulu

STATEMENT FROM THE ANGLING TRUST ON THE NATIONAL LOCKDOWN RULES
Whilst the regulations have not yet been published we have been informed this evening by the Cabinet Office that the Government have taken the decision that fishing will not be permitted during this national lockdown period. Whilst this is disappointing news I would ask anglers, fisheries and clubs to respect these rules and the reason they have been put in place; to help save lives and support the NHS.
Individuals should not go fishing from midnight tonight (5th Jan) and clubs and fisheries should close their waters to anglers. We will be publishing more detailed guidance on specific areas like bailiffing and fishery maintenance once the Government regulations have been published.
Over past few weeks we have been in communication with the Government at the highest possible level. We have presented a strong case on how fishing could continue safely during the third national lockdown. We have explained that fishing benefits physical health and mental wellbeing and that it is regularly the only form of activity individuals undertake. You can read our representations to Cabinet Ministers here -
My team and I have consistently presented the arguments ahead of the changing government guidelines, which have allowed fishing to remain permitted continuously since the first national lockdown was lifted in May. We have been successful when other sports have not as all anglers will know.
However, with 60,000 new infections announced today the Government have taken the decision that leaving home for recreation or leisure, including all forms of recreational fishing, should be prohibited in England during this third national lockdown period.
I thank you for your support and for being a credit to our sport. As members, you can rest assured that the Angling Trust will continue to represent our sport at the highest level and will present proposals for the resumption of angling when it is safe and sensible to do so. We will come through this period of national crisis. We will fish again, but until then, please, stay safe.
Jamie Cook - CEO Angling Trust
Image may contain: sky and outdoor, text that says 'Covid-19 Lockdown ANGLING TRUST Update'

Since when have i been a member of the angling untrust?

The gov come up with crazy rules not that i take any notice.

Not sure what the rules are now but in tier 4 you could go metal detecting on PUBLIC LAND (WITH permission from landowner) but you couldnt go on PRIVATE LAND even with the land owners permission EVEN if the landowner says it ok regarding safety in tier 4 !

So detect away and have passers by asking you if youve found anyfink mate ,but not in a field with not a soul to be seen !

The same would apply to angling you could be sitting out of sight a mile from another  human and its illegal its crazy i could walk down to my river stretches  and never see a soul on the way ,sit in a private field fishing away unseen by anyone and get arrested ,the only bloody person who is a danger is the fricking copper approaching ME getting his notebook out !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It's not that you are fishing, it's that you are out of your home. Whilst on the bank you might have a heart attack which might entail the fire brigade, the ambulance, a paramedic, even an air ambulance and probably the Police. Stay at home, varnish all your rods and service all your reels. Only six months until the start of the season, if we are lucky! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Waller said:

It's not that you are fishing, it's that you are out of your home. Whilst on the bank you might have a heart attack which might entail the fire brigade, the ambulance, a paramedic, even an air ambulance and probably the Police. Stay at home, varnish all your rods and service all your reels. Only six months until the start of the season, if we are lucky! 

Well said Peter.

If I broke the rules and went fishing, then I would be a Dick, even if I went on my own to an isolated place, all it would take was another Dick to see me, and think, 'if he can do it, then so can I', and then you've got two Dicks fishing. I'm not sure what the collective nouns for Dicks is, but if a few more saw me then we would have a multitude of Dicks on the waterside fishing. What are Dicks usually good for? F**king things up, and P***ing on things. If you want to P*** on things, and f*** things up, then go fishing. If you want to keep your loved ones safe, and protect the general public, then stay at home when ever possible, and help us get over this (hopefully) last hurdle, and help us get back to some semblance of normality, and a much safer, and secure life. It will hopefully only take a few of months of hardship.

Stay safe all

John

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Thank you for your endorsement, John. 

Dicks, especially old ones, need to realize that hanging up their rods for a while is nothing, indeed less than nothing, when compared with the life changing pressure being forced upon front line NHS staff & their families. I have a daughter who is pharmacist in a local hospital, her life is in a frazzle, she could so easily take the easy option and go home but she doesn't, she sees that risking the lives of herself and her young family as being her duty. She's now working six days a week, often a twelve hour day, comes home both physically and mentally exhausted. Both my wife and I are shielding so she won't let us help with her two boys, at least not until we have had our jabs. Talking of which my daughter is also training folk to handle the vaccines and to inoculate, that is on top of her duties on the wards.  The pressure is constant and immense. So we can't go fishing . . . . . . . . . 

• Like 1

Well this dick will carry on as usual ,this dick doesnt have corona so is a danger to no-one infact they are a danger to me ,there is no restriction on excercise i regard both fishing and detecting as excercise ,as i dont carry a phone most times a heart attack wont be summoning dangerous possibly infected paramedics and rushing me off to a covid ridden hospital where the certain outcome is death ,nope this dick will die doing what he likes being no threat to anyone .

And no-one still hasnt told me A when i joined the AT and B when they got the power to tell me what to do !

****ing jumped up set of dickheads that represent no-one but their own sense of self importance

PS if the river hadn't  been coloured and fast i would have already been which shows the power the AT thinks it has shows it  doesnt have it! Lala la lala

And yes i do know i am clear of covid ,i self isolated on march 5 last year ,been out 4 times to shop or hospital ,last time a month ago and never see anyone on my daily walk bar in passing cars ,if i am fishing or detecting i see no-one at all! And until someone proves without doubt you can catch covid from tiddlers or ring pulls i will carry on

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

For what it's worth, a friend works in the nhs, he works in two different hospitals.

Anyhow, one of them is supposed to be covid free and the other has covid patients.  He told me there is no rush on at all, there are loads of empty beds and nurses sitting about doing eff all.  He said they were looking at Ann Summers stuff on the internet the other day ignoring an old woman who was buzzing them for assistance! 

He and the rest of the staff are all very confused as to WTF is going on?

One of the hospitals does hips, joint replacements etc and keeps stopping all operations...why?

As I say, even the staff are all very confused.

Regarding the vaccine, apparently a lot of them don't want it?

Regarding dicks fishing and having an accident, well, lets be realistic, your more likely to slip and fall on the frickin pavements which are thick with ice round these parts.  I don't feel safe walking on pavments at the best of times with traffic speeding and often skidding across the pavements, and right now walking down the pavements is like playing russian rulet!

As far as I can see, the reason for the ban on fishing is because people who do other activities who be upset because they can't practice their pastime.

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigger said:

For what it's worth, a friend works in the nhs, he works in two different hospitals.

Anyhow, one of them is supposed to be covid free and the other has covid patients.  He told me there is no rush on at all, there are loads of empty beds and nurses sitting about doing eff all.  He said they were looking at Ann Summers stuff on the internet the other day ignoring an old woman who was buzzing them for assistance! 

He and the rest of the staff are all very confused as to WTF is going on?

One of the hospitals does hips, joint replacements etc and keeps stopping all operations...why?

As I say, even the staff are all very confused.

Regarding the vaccine, apparently a lot of them don't want it?

Regarding dicks fishing and having an accident, well, lets be realistic, your more likely to slip and fall on the frickin pavements which are thick with ice round these parts.  I don't feel safe walking on pavments at the best of times with traffic speeding and often skidding across the pavements, and right now walking down the pavements is like playing russian rulet!

As far as I can see, the reason for the ban on fishing is because people who do other activities who be upset because they can't practice their pastime.

Hi Ian,

My daughter works in a large hospital in Leeds, and has a different view of things than your friends. She usually phones us when she finishes work, last night it was 7-15, she started at 8 in the morning. She rings us for a few reasons, one to check up on me and her mum, and as a bit of stress relief. She can have a bit of a rant to let off a bit of steam to us. She knows we will listen, and can sometimes see things from a different, more distant angle. She doesn't work on the covid front line, or in ICU, but has friends who do, and daily sees the state they are in. She treats cancer patients, and despite what some of the media say, treatments are still going on, she has a patient who has a 5 hour session on the Gamma Knife today. Apart from treating, she is also in charge of the students, and band 4s, the future of the NHS. She has to hold regular assessment sessions with them, and has said that her usual opening line is asking how they are doing, many just burst into tears at the question, they are under so much pressure. The normal staff shortages are made worse because of those having to isolate, not just because they've tested positive, but if they have even been near someone who has, their patients already have a weakened immune system, so they can't risk any infection. They can't browse the internet, they don't have time, in fact my daughter rarely has time for her full meal break. The student care side of her work, means she has to keep in contact with other hospitals, and she also has old Uni' friends that work around the country, they are all under the same amount of pressure/stress. While I do realise that the levels of covid vary around the country, it would be interesting to know where your friend works, because they must have it very easy compared to the experiences my daughter and her colleagues are having. 

John.

• Like 2

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

From the Angling Trust:

Good morning everyone

The Government have now formally responded to the representations made by the Angling Trust. We have promoted the huge benefits of fishing on individual health and wellbeing and have been able to present a case to which the Government have listened. On this basis I am pleased to announce that fishing will be permitted during the third national lockdown.

The Head of Sports Participation at DCMS confirmed the following;

“fishing is allowed as exercise so long as participants adhere to the rules on staying local, gathering limits, social distancing and limiting the time spent outdoors”

This has also been confirmed by DEFRA;

“Cabinet Office have now officially confirmed that angling / fishing (incl. sea fishing off private boats, water sports) can be considered exercise and are hence permitted.”

We have worked extremely hard to reach this position and we as anglers have a duty to abide by the strict conditions under which fishing is once again permitted. With infection rates and death tolls rising we must stick to the Government’s rules and ensure that angling remains part of the solution and does not cause problems.

Please bear in mind these key points which will be reflected in the new Angling Trust guidelines which we will publish shortly:

- This is a strictly limited resumption of LOCAL fishing and very different to how we have been allowed to operate since May
- We are in a National Lockdown and this must be respected. The law requires a ‘reasonable excuse’ to leave your home or penalties will apply.
- The government has recognised that fishing can be seen as exercise, which is expressly permitted under the lockdown rules, although outdoor recreation is not.
- Organised sporting gatherings are prohibited so no match fishing.
- The exercise is limited to once a day so no overnight fishing whatsoever.
- To remain within the law you should follow the government’s guidance, and only fish locally within the district where you live. If you have no local fishing available then you will have to take your daily exercise in other ways.

We are once again able to enjoy the sport we love at a time when many others can not and we must ensure that every angler adheres to the rules.

I would ask all anglers who are not members to join the Angling Trust and give us your support. We have worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome and that is only possible thanks to the support of our new and existing members. I would ask all anglers who value their ability to go fishing to make the same commitment as your fellow anglers have and join the Angling Trust. We are stronger together!

Membership - Angling Trust https://anglingtrust.net/membership/

Stay safe and very best fishes

Jamie Cook

CEO – Angling Trust

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog