no more fishing for a while ganag!

bluezulu

Chesters1 - I'm sorry you feel so much indignation towards the EA. At the end of the day, they are only trying their level best to improve matters. I know someone who works for them voluntarily and spends all his spare time cleaning out the River Wandle (S.W.London) of supermarket trolleys, bicycles, plastic waste etc. etc., so not everyone working for them is as stupid as you may think. Just like all large organisations, they are often top heavy with the occasional dipstick who thinks he knows best. For example, I give you the police force. 

Why don't you volunteer to help them, after the lockdown of course, and give them the benefit of your environmental wisdom.

John S - Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure of the actual facts due to so many  contradictory statements on the internet (unofficial ones, of course).

I'm slightly confused about the reasoning behind your tree listing. That must be SOME cannabis you've got hold of there. Now try listing them with their correct Latin names; that should keep you occupied for the rest of the day.

Peter Waller - I agree with your statement. The problem for me is that  to remain within the 5 mile limit, the only river I can fish is the Wandle and that is so 'deep' that if you stand in the middle, the tops of your shoes remain dry. 

Phone - Strange moniker; thanks for your welcome. Actually, I joined AN a few years ago and have always kept my account open. I have 'spoke' on here before and if this site keeps a record of its memberships, this information can be confirmed. I never joined up yesterday to get on here, I merely logged in with my existing moniker and password. I prefer to spend my time fishing for real as opposed to virtual fishing on forums. 

With regards to Chesters1, I intend to play 'nice', as you put it, with everyone as we are all different and we have to respond accordingly. I'm just rather puzzled as to why you felt the need to point that out as somewhere along the line you appear to have misinterpreted something. Maybe you can enlighten me.

• Like 1

If your example uses his spare time to clean up then its obvious to me the EA isnt or find it beneath them to do it.

Luckiky i remember the river authorities and their continual infatuation with straightening every stream in the dream it will stop flooding ,it did not then the EA popped up i presume with the same dipshits in control .,,yes they do stuff to help rivers usually by pinching every one elses sport to restock a stretch the local sewage works poluted ,million quid fines would do better then they could buy fish not take them ,this gives employment to fish farms and lets guys like me find more than trout in a river several miles long but strangely only has 100 yards that are fished by a trout syndicate .

I expect a four year old could run the EA better in my life all i have seen is rivers die which is not what the EA is about .If my brother could work for them and not get caught out hes only trained as a social worker then anyone can and thats why it needs  chucking out and starting again.

I paid for my licence and its still expensive for over 65 's all my fishing life it would nice if we had some fish to catch now and again in rivers the fish in them are not the sole possession of the EA to remove at will

If you think the river you mention is bad ,if you step in one of the stretches i try to fish stepping in and you will go into mud to your neck where the water has been slowed down so much by the wier the mud has built up behind it ,if they fully opened it now and again the stuff would go ,its so bad its no longer navigable despite its bed once being 6 feet deeper and stone carrying boats could use it a 1000 years ago! Even where it speeds up where the other branch meets it i havnt caught a grayling for 20 years they used to be a pest there were so many

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1 - I'm sorry you are having such a hard time fishing wise in your area. You haven't said whereabouts in the UK you fish but it seems that, judging by your comments, the local authorities are neglecting their responsibilities. The nearest decent river to me is the Thames which has  a limited amount of fishing spots that are not interrupted by river craft, and sometimes, its flow can be so fast that trotting requires extreme fitness and is not for the faint hearted. Nevertheless, all good fun.

Phone - I'm still waiting for your response, and what exactly is it I've yet to 'learn'? Also, capital letters on forums are used as a means of shouting so there's no need for that as even though I'm retired, I'm not going deaf just yet!

Stop hiding under your bed and come out and join the rest of us, if you dare!

• Like 1

Your lucky ,i have a mile and a bit of the north wey i can fish but since 1986 its gone down hill from spectacular to all but dead where crayfish thrive and cormerants operate in gangs (the land owner is 80 doesnt fish and cannot afford to pay someone to shoot them for a stretch of water only i use .) the lower parts owned by a disable veteran who cannot even get to the river but was cormerant stripped five years ago ,the only really fishable bit is un the middle its fast and full of trout which the EU return because the fly club on the opposite bank stock them 

I was a bailiff for farnham as and i met one Ea ' officer'(strange this mighty badge of power is applied from roadsweeper up today) and he ignored the destruction of what was real crucian by brown goldfish on two occasions i was present.

Unfortunately no-one is punished any more so it continues

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

BUBBLE FLOAT,

CLICK ON YOUR OWN NAME - (THE BLUE "B" INTHE CIRCLE)

SINCE I AM LEFT HANDED, BECAUSE IT THE ONLY ONE I HAVE, YOU WILL OFTEN SEE ALL CAPS OR ALL LOWER CASE FOR NOW

LASTLY FOR NOW

WITH EVERY POST I WILL ADDRESS YOU SPECFICALLY OR YOU ARE INCLUDED IN MY "ALL" SALUTATION. 

YOU NOTICE IN THE EXAMPLE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THE SECOND ONE IS TO "CHESTERS1" SO YOU WOULDN'T DO WHAT YOU DID

I have to ask, do you remember RABBIT on the forum?  Do you know him?

Phone

• Like 1