Brexit. The gift that keeps on giving.

corydoras

4 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

I said partly pay they use red diesel which is reduced at tax payers expense

What do you want? A chocolate watch? Why do they get red diesel?

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

5 minutes ago, corydoras said:

What do you want? A chocolate watch?

I want them to be treated like anyone else just as you suggested ,land their catch for use overseas lose all benefits they get from uk ,its quite simple why should uk tax payers part fund european users of it?

PS if its that Belgium chocolate watch stuff it!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 minute ago, chesters1 said:

s quite simple why should uk tax payers part fund european users of it?

What the eff are you gibbering about? Farmers and fishers get red diesel because it is not being used on the road. But you just keep posting your ignorance. I need the laugh.

Ignorance and envy.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Its not because its not used on the road its a subsidy ,ignorent person

And hopefully it will come to the end in a couple of years

In several circumstance red diesel can be used on road

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Its a subsidy ,its cheaper than ordinary fuel ,its the exact same fuel but coloured pink here and green in Ireland.If you're not paying the same tax your subsidised whats so hard to understand .

17 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Its a subsidy ,its cheaper than ordinary fuel ,its the exact same fuel but coloured pink here and green in Ireland.If you're not paying the same tax your subsidised whats so hard to understand .

It is NOT a SUBSIDY. It is freed of DUTY.  You know bugger all about it Chesters and every post you make on this topic illustrates the same. Clueless. That is how we got into this mess.

The same as when you witter about agricultural subsidies in general. You don't understand them so they are bad.

Nope if you select a few in many who pay tax and not charge tax your subsidising them ,if you pick a few out of many and charge them more you are penalising them 

Its a subsidy ! Or as you say (which i have said) they dont pay TAX IE their fuel is subsidised

If a farmer uses fuel to do his job why should he get cheap fuel when 99% of the population pay more for their fuel to do their job? My sister has a diesel car and spends all day shuttling to appointments ,its her job but no handout for her fuel ,she can claim some back but i suspect red diesel users do on top in their tax sheets .

Same as aviation fuel why is it not taxed ? If i pop to butlins the fuel i use is taxed why not planes?

If you want a fair society stop singling out people to to make them different. Tax them all or tax none simple ! Their lifestyle or occupation CHOICE shouldnt come into it

If the government want to make life easy for themselves dont put dye in diesel and sort it out in tax returns ,it will save them a great deal trying to catch those trying to bend the system aswell ,specialy on the border in NI (the one that isnt supposed to be there) catching green diesel users on the road.

Lets make it really simple ,cod takes 7 people fishing his fuel is tax payer reduced ,i buy a minibus and take 7 people to bournemouth to site see i pay full wack ,we are both doing the same thing ,hows that fair

PS to be envious i would need a car to pay full tax on my fuel ,i dont have one its not envy its unfairness

Right metal detector charged back in a couple of hours

Edited by chesters1

ALL,

Perhaps this is an area where the UK and the US differ

Here is our "game" - - - 

RED DIESEL - - - This fuel is known as ultra-low sulfur diesel (ULSD). Price in the us $2.50/gal vs gas (petrol) $2.21/gal. The federal tax on diesel fuel is 6 cents more than gasoline per gallon (24.4 cents versus 18.4 cents). 

All nonroad, locomotive, and marine (NRLM) diesel fuel must be ULSD

Collectively, diesel standards reduce harmful emissions from both on road and nonroad diesel sources by more than 90%.

PHONE

RED DIESEL IS MORE EXPENSIVE AND IS TAXED AT A HIGHER RATE