Brexit. The gift that keeps on giving.

corydoras

18 hours ago, Ken L said:

I believe you called me a ****, and what has where my phone is made got to do with anything?

That was an insult. If I said that you were wrong because of what I called you that would be a fallacy. I asked about your phone because I want to see what goods you buy from China.

I was wrong to call you a c#nt. C#nts have uses.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Not for julian clarey ,The only one hes used seemed to be broken

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, corydoras said:

That was an insult. If I said that you were wrong because of what I called you that would be a fallacy. I asked about your phone because I want to see what goods you buy from China.

I was wrong to call you a c#nt. C#nts have uses.

And with that, you're done.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

4 hours ago, Ken L said:

I actually know people who wanted Biden to win "for the sake of the environment".

Never mind that manufacturing will shift from the US to China where they are poisoning land, sea and air - out of sight, out of mind.

Again I don’t know the expert answer and have to rely on what I have read which is either right or wrong.

I remember reading an article that stated China produces more pollution per annum than the U.K. has done in total including the Industrial Revolution.

But reading other reports state that the USA is the biggest CO2 producer @ 25% followed by the EU. So who knows!

I have an acquaintance who studied Politics at Portsmouth, he wrote a paper as his final dissertation arguing that a limited Nuclear War between India and Pakistan would actually benefit the planet long term that went down like dog **** on the shoes of a visitor to your house.

Trump, in my opinion, said somethings that made sense, it was how he said them was wrong.

He was always going to be penalised by the ‘elite’, simply because they cannot allow people to just breeze into Politics. Politics is an elite sport, it is a restricted club that does not accept anybody or everybody.

The media play a part in that because they are thrown scraps from the table which, in turn allow them to progress up to a level of renumeration that most can only dream of.

I watched the ‘evidence’ given at Trump’s last impeachment hearing and I have to say it was ridiculous speculation that would not be accepted in any U.K. court.

IF, as Phone says, the Senate picks the witnesses then it is no more than a kangaroo court and America should hang its collective head in shame, irrespective of whatever he is alleged to have done.

”We” all made a mistake in allowing such a huge chunk of our manufacturing capability to move to China, they are the biggest threat to peace and I maintain my position that Trump was correct to lay his cards down on the side of Russia.

What we have seen is some of the corruption happening in the upper echelons of politics, and it is not Trump causing it all, nor involved in it all. 

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

HUGH,

He just went downhill daily. Four years ago I was prepared to give him a chance. I'll try anything 5 times. It wasn't necessarily what he said and did some of it I gave im credit for having balls. It was the human elements of his personality did him in

TODAY, I notice all banks and financial institutions closed all his accounts. Deutsche bank (took me 15 minutes to find how to spell Deutsche)closed his accounts and put a call on $300 million in loans.

DON'T know about you but when I was in business that was the final death toll

Phone

Edited by Phone

On 1/11/2021 at 11:32 PM, corydoras said:

Where is the ad hominem? Where is the non sequitur?

Mange Tout, Mange Tout, Ban Marie et' Marin Glace'. you tart!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

2 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Mange Tout, Mange Tout, Ban Marie et' Marin Glace'. you tart!!

My pedantic ass is highly annoyed with folks being so quick to label any insult in an argument as an Ad Hominem. They aren't. An Ad Hominem fallacy is very specific- It is an attempt to weaken an opponent's argument by stating the person cannot put forth a reasonable argument, or carries an implicit bias, because of some facet of their existence.

"You cannot possibly have good point to make about LGBT rights because you're religious" is an Ad Hominem. A person's religion can influence their opinion and cause biased thinking, but it doesn't mean that they are actually doing that.

"You're a hateful c#nt" is not an Ad Hominem. It is, specifically, a Personal Attack.

And that would be Bain Marie and Marron Glace ?

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

10 minutes ago, corydoras said:

My pedantic ass is highly annoyed with folks being so quick to label any insult in an argument as an Ad Hominem. They aren't. An Ad Hominem fallacy is very specific- It is an attempt to weaken an opponent's argument by stating the person cannot put forth a reasonable argument, or carries an implicit bias, because of some facet of their existence.

"You cannot possibly have good point to make about LGBT rights because you're religious" is an Ad Hominem. A person's religion can influence their opinion and cause biased thinking, but it doesn't mean that they are actually doing that.

"You're a hateful c#nt" is not an Ad Hominem. It is, specifically, a Personal Attack.

Twas just meant to be a few "Del Boy" Quotes - Get over yourself Bud!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

1 minute ago, Martin56 said:

Twas just meant to be a few "Del Boy" Quotes - Get over yourself Bud!!

Sorry, don't watch telly so I would never have got it Martin.