2021 Obituary Thread

John S

Not strong enough ,there should be a special hell for those that crave power over others and i should be in charge to ensure they suffer agony for eternity! Death is far to easy it should be painful and drawn out for decades for these scum

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 4/12/2021 at 9:01 PM, chesters1 said:

Rot in hell ,had a favoured education herself then one for her daughter ,deliberately moving into a catchment area to get it ,then had the cheek to try and abo!ish grammar schools stopping anyone else getting a decent education ! Typical labour outlook then ditched labour lol

So John, a Royal Philanderer - Phil for short!! (night clubs, private parties, gambling & girls) and just one of the Lads!! - It's all there in the BBC Documentaries!!

No doubt there's a few, maybe not so little Phil's still running around !!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Bernie Madoff: Disgraced financier.

The man who made off with $65bn.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

10 minutes ago, Ken L said:

Bernie Madoff: Disgraced financier.

The man who made off with $65bn.

Can't take it with you ??

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

38 minutes ago, wotnobivvy said:

Can't take it with you ??

Most of it is still unaccounted for. Maybe he found a way.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

65 billion, that must have been heavy! Look under a tree close bye ?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 4/14/2021 at 3:07 AM, Martin56 said:

So John, a Royal Philanderer - Phil for short!! (night clubs, private parties, gambling & girls) and just one of the Lads!! - It's all there in the BBC Documentaries!!

No doubt there's a few, maybe not so little Phil's still running around !!

Politicians are fair game. A recently deceased member of the Royal Family who was loved and respected by more people than any politician is not. 

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Helen McCrory, best known for Peaky Blinders and three Harry Potter films, aged just 52 :(

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

2 hours ago, John S said:

Politicians are fair game. A recently deceased member of the Royal Family who was loved and respected by more people than any politician is not. 

One has the right to agree to disagree.

Never knew what a days work looked like!!

My Dad would shovel a ton of coal on a Saturday Morning for ten shillings.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Not my words but written by a friend.

The litany of abuse and inhumanity I have seen aimed at a man who devoted his life to public service of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth has irked me beyond belief.

He's a racist, you say? At 18-months old, as a young Greek baby of Danish parentage, he was removed from his home and as a refugee was taken to Paris where he was brought up by two alcoholic parents. His mother was sectioned when he was five years old, whilst his father left him to pursue his own love life.
As a young boy he was sent to Germany, then England and finally Scotland for his education, where he was taught by the Jewish refugee, Kurt Hahn. This inspired the young Philip to join the Royal Navy in order to fight Nazism; something his three elder siblings had embraced - all of them married officers of the Third Reich.

A misogynist? In 1952 he renounced all of his own Royal titles and patronage in order to be subservient to the one true love of his life; a woman whom he would be with for 74 years. A man with more royal blood than the woman he married, who chose to give up his name for hers and follow two steps behind her for the remainder of his years. A chap who raised his children whilst his wife worked at at time when that was deemed emasculating.
No compassion? His Uncle, Lord Louis Mountbatten - the fellow who raised him during his teenage years and mentored him beyond, indeed the only 'father figure' he knew - was murdered by the IRA in the Republic of Ireland in 1979. In 2012, he stood and watched as his wife shook hands with the man who masterminded his beloved Uncle's murder - and did so in order to ensure a more peaceful life for the souls of the children of Northern Ireland that they did not suffer the childhood he endured.

He was the patron of 800+ charities, founded the Duke of Edinburgh awards that over 3 million British children have benefited from, and was an architect of the World Wildlife Fund for nature. Abrasive and 'of his time' maybe but by God he was a brilliant, clever, witty man who left an indelible mark on all those he met. He attended over 22,000 public engagements in his working life, all to ensure the embetterment of others.

Requiesce in peace Philip Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg; you truly are one of the finest foreign, refugee imports the country has had the pleasure to home, and one of its greatest Britons.

You leave a wealthy legacy of humanitarinism that those who choose to mock could never equal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."