BEAST FROM THE EAST

big_cod

If women didnt exist central heating wouldnt have been invented and every chemist gone broke!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

54 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Nope just looked at the last weeks recording lowest was -2 one night all day time temps above freezing. Typical winter weather.

Dont belive headlines even the weather lot always over estimate everything ,they dont want to get caught like they were in 1987 ,so hot will be hotter cold will be colder and wind windier to get round it. They know no-one will complain if its not as bad as they say

The biggest gust in whatever "storm" was last ?was 19mph (the biggest gust since jan 1st)i can fart harder than that ,stockbridge pond is completely ice free its almost summer!

As to heating ,i have a wife it comes on late september and goes off in june!

Well Chester’s open all the windows turn the heating off sounds tropical down  there in Surrey .

This is in Woking in Surrey -7c tonight ?

image.thumb.png.30b32739db6a2e490eed8f98b085c663.png

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I wouldnt believe it ,you can get a cold spot anywhere .

I looked round the weather station app and theres differences everywhere within a few miles ,that why the hottest places in summer tend to be on air ports wheres theres no shade.

Woking is miles away heres mine since begining of month ,lowest -1.9 d average c3 its not cold !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfohrfpqs7dhagf/Screenshot_20210210-124306.png?dl=0

Its cloudy here and 2 degrees so it could snow yet but all the last scattering gone

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

3 hours ago, chesters1 said:

I wouldnt believe it ,you can get a cold spot anywhere .

I looked round the weather station app and theres differences everywhere within a few miles ,that why the hottest places in summer tend to be on air ports wheres theres no shade.

Woking is miles away heres mine since begining of month ,lowest -1.9 d average c3 its not cold !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfohrfpqs7dhagf/Screenshot_20210210-124306.png?dl=0

Its cloudy here and 2 degrees so it could snow yet but all the last scattering gone

So the forecast is wrong ?? What they are saying in Surrey and surrounding  areas it could reach -10 tonight . It  will feel less  cold if there is no breeze without  a wind chill, but -10 is freezing cold so  salt won’t work on the roads and any melted snow the water turns to a snowy affect as it freezes back hard in other words it’s Baltic .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

25 minutes ago, big_cod said:

So the forecast is wrong ?? What they are saying in Surrey and surrounding  areas it could reach -10 tonight . It  will feel less  cold if there is no breeze without  a wind chill, but -10 is freezing cold so  salt won’t work on the roads and any melted snow the water turns to a snowy affect as it freezes back hard in other words it’s Baltic .

Has it been wrong ? Ofcourse it has and i explained why , your memory is bad.

I will post my temps up tomorrow to see

PS the word "could" means they dont know ,bit of a clue about anything having it within a statement ,look for "will" it means they are sure or they are stupid to say it and hopefully sacked when its wrong

Warm today i had to take my hat and coat off halfway home ,not a bit of snow to be seen

Edited by chesters1

There we go ,the BBC chap said -10 in the south ,it was a balmy -5 i even went barefoot in a tee-shirt to the shed to switch on the heater, for some reason it didn't come on itself with its frost stat so even the heater thought it was warm lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljcv12hufncn10y/Screenshot_20210211-083955.png?dl=0

Edited by chesters1

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

There we go ,the BBC chap said -10 in the south ,it was a balmy -5 i even went barefoot in a tee-shirt to the shed to switch on the heater, for some reason it didn't come on itself with its frost stat so even the heater thought it was warm lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljcv12hufncn10y/Screenshot_20210211-083955.png?dl=0

And why it didnt freeze to -10 , quite simply the cloud didn’t break as expected but it was still managed  -4c in Surrey and -22c in Scotland the coldest night since the nineties .

So what’s your daytime temperatures today is it an average winter days temperature in the south or a touch chilly .around 1c if I ain’t wrong and if that’s an average winters day  temperature in the south  I am Elvis Presley .

Untitled-1.jpg

If temperatures never dropped below freezing for a week in the winter gone past then no-one would ever had got a cold weather payment from the government ,they did!

This cold snap is not unusual in a winter i have slept outside in -8 (in a sleeping bag) and that was years ago ,its just a normal winter but a little extra nippy in some places, outside temp at moment -0.4 shed temp 2.4 (got to keep my food stash from freezing ) weve camped in colder weather at folkestone in october!

Plenty of flowers flowering ,crocus ,narcissus and snowdrops and trees full of lambs tails its warm

Heres a picture i took yesterday ,wheres all this snow? Exif all there for location and time etc

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vy6v11wqzaxtc91/IMG20210210135937.jpg?dl=0

Heres stockbridge pond completely ice free ,this surprised me being in a valley it tends to freeze early and thaw late

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyf47sa1woo17z3/IMG20210210141424.jpg?dl=0

The strange area up the end is breeze on the water which is typical  i have seen wind going in two directions at once with a dead spot in the middle on this lake and whilst liming the water the current going upstream ,its a strange lake! The water enters up the far end and leaves where i took the picture from into the stream that enters the river wey a couple of hundred yards away. The lake is called stockbridge lake as it sits next to what was the main road to the next village and a bridge let the cattle cross as the stream sits in a swamp so no ford in 1850's! this route saved climbing up two hills or crossing the river many times as it followed the higher ground rather than going the short route full of swamps

Edited by chesters1

This is a picture i took 5 minutes ago thick with snow -1c at the moment .but you don’t need thick snow to get hard freezing temperatures I worked off Shetland it -20c with a wind chill -40c + sea water freezing as it left the rig legs now that’s proper  intense cold .Infact it took your breath away when facing the northeast wind off Scandinavian.

Mild next week now forest changed again daffs will be out in force .

image.png

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg