OK I'm scared.

*Ant*

On 4/11/2021 at 4:08 PM, Phone said:

Ant,

I'M sure you've seen my recent post. I would be glad to answer any details you may have

Phone

We are all here for you Ant and Phone, never be afraid to reach out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I’m really sorry to hear of your health problems Ant. Lets just hope that you will get through it and are starting to feel a lot better soon.

Keith

• Thanks 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

• 2 weeks later...

Well what a rollercoaster few weeks i've had. For those that are interested i'll give a brief timeline starting with the A&E doctor telling me after seeing the CT scans that I had a 3cm cancerous lesion in my lower left lung that had spread nodules to my upper left lung and nodules to my upper right lung. 

Fast forward a week to see an oncologist who confirms to me what the A&E doctor had told me, plus that the two glands between my lungs also looked cancerous and I had a lot of fluid around my lungs which was the cause of my shortness of breath. There and then he put in a tube through my back and between my ribs to get a sample of the fluid. He told me he expected the fluid would be full of cancer cells, and when I asked him if I had at least 6 months left he told me he couldn't confirm that for me. 

Back home for two days and i'm getting more and more ill struggling to breath. Dawn phones an ambulance and they were here in a flash and were absolutely amazing. They monitored my vitals and gave me oxygen and stayed with me for over an hour. They advised me to go into hospital, but i'm a stubborn bugger and felt not too bad after the oxygen and a little morphine. 

Next day and my wonderful mother has found her way up from the Isle of Wight to look after me bless her. But i'm heading down hill and another call to the ambulance and this time i'm not getting the choice and they are taking me straight in. That evening my mum and daughter were told that they didn't know if i'd make it through the night. I had a massive infection in my lungs and in my blood, my lung capacity was down to 20% and apparently my body was trying to fight this cancer. 

Obviously I did make it through the night (although I don't mind saying it was by far the worst night of my life). I had another semi-permanent drain through my back into my lungs with which they drained 2 litres immediately and then another 1.1 litres over the next week. No wonder I was struggling to breath! And again the fluid was sent off for analysis with it being expected to be full of cancer cells.

This is where things get a bit messy and confusing. The next day the doctor comes to see me scratching his head and tells me there is absolutely no sign of cancer cells in the fluid. I ask him if I have lung cancer, to which he replies "I don't think you do as it should be showing in the fluid". 

So after 13 days and 13 nights in hospital, pumped full of antibiotics, morphine and god knows what else i'm feeling lots better and am home. I had an endoscopy into my lungs on tuesday which I was dreading the results, but they told me there was no sign of cancer, not even anything that looked slightly suspicious enough to take a biopsy. The endoscope blasts a jet of water at the lining of ones lungs to dislodge some cells and then collects them for analysis, but they were confident there was no sign of cancer. 

So what to make of it all? The first two doctors after seening the CT scans and x-rays told me I have lung cancer and that it has spread, not even confirming I have 6 months left to live. The third doctor tells me I don't have cancer, just an extremely nasty lung and blood infection, and just to throw it in there...a forth doctor just told me he doesn't know. 

My family and myself have been through hell believing I had cancer and not long left, I even discussed with them that I wanted to die on my terms and by my hand rather than die in agony and with no dignity. So did I have cancer and by some miracle it has gone, do I still have cancer and it is evading the tests somehow, or did I never have cancer and the doctors who told me I did need an almighty ****ing???

All in all though I'm happy and relieved, and so is my family. I'd accepted the fact I had cancer and had not long left and was at peace with that, so it's like I have a 2nd chance, but i'm also angry, extremely angry, that my family, close ones and myself have had to go through the last month. 

Edited by *Ant*
  • Thanks 2

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

It’s really great to hear the news about your mis-diagnosis and not finding cancer cells in the fluid that they drained.

I can only imagine how relieved you must feel and really hope they find the reasons that are causing your problems, and you make a full recovery very soon.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Thanks 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I was expecting another horror show of a read, but that's fantastic news.

Presumably there will be more histological examinations to confirm the negative, and then you'll still have to find out what the underlying problem is and deal with that, but hey, take the breaks where you find them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Great news Ant. Happy for you and yours.

• Thanks 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Blimey thats real roller coaster stuff ,good news indeed ! Could it be TB? Its on the rise thanks to our foreign friends .

• Thanks 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

That's Great News Ant, doesn't life chuck us some proper curveballs !!

• Thanks 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Bloody hell Ant, they've really put you through the wringer, I can barely imagine what you and your family have been through. The good thing is that they have got all that crap out of you, and you're on the mend. 

I sometimes think that doctors only find what they've already decide will be there, and it takes another doctor with a more open mind to see the wider picture.

Take care mate, and take it easy, slow and steady.

John. 

Edited by gozzer
  • Thanks 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John