OK I'm scared.

*Ant*

Any updates?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

18 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Any updates?

I do apologise old chap. 

The latest CT scan results showed that the mass in my lung has disappeared :)  Apparently, according to the consultant, it was "one of the nastiest cases of pneumonia" he'd seen. It has left me with a lot of scar damage to both my lungs and has resulted in me now having COPD. I'm still not 100% and get out of breathe easily, but each day I feel a little better and am certainly on the mend. I can start my petrol mower and manage to cut the lawn now where there was no way I could of done it a few weeks ago. :D

I have a weird inhaler thing that i'm meant to take once a day which helps with the COPD, and I have another scan in around 10 weeks to see how things are. But I'm as you can imagine happy and relieved it doesn't seem to have been cancer after all (touch wood). 

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Great news ,COPD isnt funny but it could have been far worse ! Now on to your life again ?

• Thanks 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

That's Great News Ant, would the Inhaler happen to be Trelegy Elipta?? It was good for me & was on that for a long time.

However, my GP/Nurse has now put me on a new one called "Trimbo" - not because I'm any worse, but because you get to use it Twice a day & patients are finding the Trimbo gives them more relief purely because it's Twice a day.

They'll give you a Spacer - a inhaling tube which the Trimbo fits on one end.

• Thanks 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Thank you both, it's much appreciated. :)

Martin, the inhaler they have given me is called Incruse Ellipta, "Umeclidinium" or so it says. 

Obviously COPD isn't great, but it sure is better than lung cancer. I'm still quite angry that two doctors told me I had lung cancer, it wasn't a "might have cancer", it was I "do" have cancer. The onocologist even told me it had spread to the gland that is between my lungs, that surgery wasn't an option and also that he couldn't confirm I had 6 months left to live. 

The anguish they have not only put me through but also my mum, kids and partner has been horrendous. And not once have I had an apology or explanation. 

• 1 month later...

With your improved health status, did you ever manage to catch up with those canal carp?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

3 hours ago, Ken L said:

With your improved health status, did you ever manage to catch up with those canal carp?

I haven't Ken, it's been a hectic year. Fingers crossed i'll be able to get back in to it early next spring, and double fingers crossed, the stocks have started to recover. 

Unfortunately, the 'aliens ' i referred to in the other post and their predecessors may have eaten them so don't get your hopes up lol

I remember the very mention of a carp in the Military Canal at Hythe caused great consternation at a club meeting now the buggers are common in our rivers aswell lol how things change in 50 years ,how long for a Muslim prime minister (who would have though a mayor of london could be one?) How long to our female great granchildren have to wear veils  ? Frightening how quick things are changing

PS carp still taste like mud

Edited by chesters1

3 hours ago, *Ant* said:

I haven't Ken, it's been a hectic year. Fingers crossed i'll be able to get back in to it early next spring, and double fingers crossed, the stocks have started to recover. 

Did you catch the Ginger Fisherman episode on canal carp the other week?

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I hadn't, but I have now. Cheers for that Ken, I enjoyed that, although I don't think he can count the one he lost. :D

I'd not heard of him before.....I've subscribed to his channel. :thumbs: