Big Spider

Ken L

35 minutes ago, Bobj said:

Ahh, Eucla, not too many live there

When Alison left, they had a new "Welcome to Eucla population 42" sign painted.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

19 minutes ago, corydoras said:

When Alison left, they had a new "Welcome to Eucla population 42" sign painted.

I do believe that the Western Australian Govt. ordered that a couple of blokes were assigned there to shoot any starlings and sparrows. I know that when I lived in WA, a few spoggies that had hitched lifts on ships, were  shot in Fremantle.

Apologies for swinging away from the subject matter.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

47 minutes ago, Bobj said:

I do believe that the Western Australian Govt. ordered that a couple of blokes were assigned there to shoot any starlings and sparrows. I know that when I lived in WA, a few spoggies that had hitched lifts on ships, were  shot in Fremantle.

Apologies for swinging away from the subject matter.

She worked for WA Department of Agriculture. There is a checkpoint at Eucla where they check fruit and veg trucks for Queensland Fruit Fly. WA is or at least was fruit fly free.

Any topic with spiders is going to end up in The Land Down Under.

• Haha 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

When my late Dad's best mate was in the RAF & stationed in Egypt (Suez crisis??) he told us that if you drew a chalk circle around a Scorpion, it would run round trying to find a way to cross over it.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Bloody evil things the lot of them. They are always wound up ready to pounce, you never see one chilled out siting in their web with their legs crossed reading the sunday papers!

• Like 1

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

On 5/6/2021 at 4:40 PM, *Ant* said:

Bloody evil things the lot of them. They are always wound up ready to pounce, you never see one chilled out siting in their web with their legs crossed reading the sunday papers!

https://www.oocities.org/athens/forum/3392/spdrnews.gif

Edited by corydoras
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1