Did you?

Ken L

Isnt the horsefly trap the horse? Looks like a good idea i will pass on the vid .

Theres a few garden ponds round here and cattle troughs so we get a few mozzies ,i put on our mozzie fryer (coopermatic type thing) and that keeps the garden thus the house free  for the mrs who also is a mozzie magnet

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

34 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Isnt the horsefly trap the horse? Looks like a good idea i will pass on the vid .

Theres a few garden ponds round here and cattle troughs so we get a few mozzies ,i put on our mozzie fryer (coopermatic type thing) and that keeps the garden thus the house free  for the mrs who also is a mozzie magnet

Well, Yes, but if it makes the horses more comfortable and avoids your daughter in law getting bitten by the nasty aggressive little bar stewards, it's gotta be worth a shot.

I hate horseflies. You can't just swat them away, or they just come back and bite you.

They pale into insignificance compared to Blandford flies, though. If you are fishing, and you are troubled by Blandford flies, go home.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Do they have a forum ?

I rarely get bitten the occasional mozzie brings up a big lump worst is the fly i mentioned some time ago that can bite through clothing mostly if one of the grandkids has left a screen door open and one creeps in and annoys you at night .

The blandford fly reminds me of removing an acre or so of grapes in provance ,they were thick with fruit so you got covered in juice attracting everything but attractive women .I kept getting really painful bites and put it down to huge wasp things (big as our hornets) so killed every one that came close bit still they continued ,i felt one biting and slapped the place and found it wasnt the big guys but a tiny bastard doing the dirty work so your blandford flies could have a french counterpart ! The wasp things were actually laid back and sat drinking the juice rather than sampling the meat!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I wont look at the vid i am already committed but if the car wax was free why not grab it ? Gift horses etc mind you if i had to collect it is it free? Free things come to you not the other way round .

We get bitten by ticks far more than flies at the moment ,grass is waist high and some will have passengers!!! Lots of deer around here i spotted one in the garden last month eating the roses !

A clone of the trap are on amazon but the reviews not great ,perhaps its the wrong bait and the trap should hang under a horse

Edited by chesters1

Had both my jabs and fortunately didn't suffer any of the side-effects other people have reported. The worst thing that happened was the second jab which stung just a little bit (I didn't feel the first one at all). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I know people who have had a range of reactions from very mild soreness around the jab site to "a week of hell", with severe headaches and skin eruptions, but fortunately, nothing worse than that.

It's a basic cost benefit analysis, with a few wildcards thrown in due to the lack of testing data.