At last, a weed free session, Seasalter in Kent.

S63

When this flashed up on my Iphone last night, the last thing I thought I'd be doing is going fishing this morning.

ED832028-C996-431B-80D9-685D6DC8E0D8.jpeg

The rain started about 1am and was torrential for a couple of hours. I woke at 5-30am and all was calm and the wind was slight but importantly a southerly.

High tide was at 8am, a quick cuppa and a slice of toast before heading to the beach for 7am. The sea was lovely and calm and for the first time in weeks free of weed thanks to the rare southerly winds.

Chucked a variety of lures, metals, plastics, top water, shallow divers, Dexter's, you name it, not a touch. Last roll of the dice was a Fiiish Black Minnow, a universally acclaimed lure but not one I'd had any success with. This lure I'm assured is most effective if reeled back in so slowly it's almost stationary just bumping along the bottom, first cast....bang, rod is solid, heart is pumping, a decent fish taking line and putting a nice bend in the Tailwalk rod. A few moments later and safely landed, not the biggest bass but a great deal bigger than the tiny schoolies I've caught to date. The fish was right on the minimum legal limit but I'm a catch and release angler (mackerel being the exception) and was pleased to see it swim away to fight another day.

C44FB4D7-B020-4AD1-B6C2-6C99C8A82736.jpeg

A swimmer watched my moment and congratulated me for returning the fish, so many are taken and often below the legal requirement.

I arrived in misty conditions, then some rays of warm sun, by the time I left the rain had started, all in all a perfect 2 hour session on what I hope continues to be the perfect day. ?????????????????????

Weather warnings and photos courtesy of the amazing IPhone 11. ?

B65BC12E-704B-4F73-957C-C8F4294B089D.jpeg
  • Thanks 2