Transgender athletes?

John S

Let me say right now that I support the LGBQNTJOPRF+ minority (are they going for the full alphabet?)

But! Someone who was born male, went through male puberty and is built like a brick sh*thouse decides to declare himself as female and compete in the womens Olympic weightlifting competition.... is that fair?

In my opinion, it is NOT! I don't care what gender you identify with, if you were born male and went through all the male puberty things, then you are (for the most part) stronger then females. So entering a female weightlifting competition is just not fair on women who were born female. 

I'm glad you lost, but I am now thinking about what drugs the (born) females are using.....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I'll go with the common sense definitions of "Men" and "Women", and happily accept that that means that while their participation is to be generally encouraged, a tiny number of people (including those who are trans or intersex) will fall into neither camp and therefore will be excluded from all levels of official competition.

There are two alternatives, but I don't much fancy either of them:

1. We can simply remove the gender divide in sports and have men and women competing on a level playing field - Tamikka Brents might have some insights on how this would work out.

2. We accept that over time, "transgender" athletes will dominate women's sport, win every competition and hold every record.

Personally, I think that with Hubbard now having failed in competition against both men and women, we need a trans athlete to destroy the female opposition in a high level international competition like Wimbledon. It's time to bring this festering boil to a head, where it can be lanced. Karsten Braasch is probably a bit old to take one for the team by having his knackers off, but I've no doubt that someone will come along.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I am a little old fashioned and now fall into a hated area.

I cannot see how a bloke having his tackle chopped off somehow changes his sex.A man in a dress without his nuts is just a nutless bloke in a dress just as a woman with a strap on is just a woman with a strap on they dont change into a man or woman adding or subtracting bits of anatomy.

I do have experience one of my grand children is also removing parts (albeit breasts) and having hormone "therapy" whilst we are going along with this fad (hopefully it doesnt lead to unhappiness) i still cannot see how changing things halts her history of being female having no tits a hairy chest and a strange voice doesnt change anything but external appearences IMHO

A person spending his early years growing as a boy will have a distinct advantage in both bone and muscle size over most (there are some big strong girls!) Girls ,this advantage is unfair to those that didnt enjoy this

Yes its obvious theres those hovering between girl or boy perhaps there should be catogories in sport where they compete amongst themselves then watch them complain  competitor x was cheating having been males five seconds longer than competitor y and leave then to sort it out themselves

Not sure how it will be " policed" but i am sure it will be as unfair to some as the paralympics are at the moment to many disabled athletes

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The biggest barrier to a sensible solution is a certain kind of lefty who sees everything that they disagree with as an expression of "hate" - I'm unfortunate enough to work with one such numpty!

"Hate" is pretty rare between people that don't know one another well, and solutions to a genuine issue that end up marginalising some tiny section of society do not mean that anybody hates them.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

13 minutes ago, *Ant* said:

Perhaps a "Trans Olympics" is the answer? But I don't really care, I just want to watch female beach volleyball. 

It wouldn't be the same if one of them were trying to pack the meat and two veg into those skimpies.

Edited by Ken L
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ken L said:

It wouldn't be the same if one of them were trying to pack the meat and two veg into those skimpies.

But it would be very entertaining in the weightlifting comp ?

Theres a weighlifting comp going on in my garden at the moment we have trained the local fox to eat off our table ,he has his own bowl for scraps (at first he just ate them off the lawn but we put flea tablets in a sandwhich which was scoffed by a badger so then we trained it to eat off a seat but the badger discovered it could get it ,the table defeats the badger!) Then the cats discovered it ,first i put a bit of cardboard on top then the cats found they could just push it off! Now it has a lid held onto the bowl with a magnet and the number of magnets increase every night until the cat fails and the fox wins getting it off. What fun there is in the sticks!

No badgers foxes or cats were harmed but i have rigged up a scooter alarm to sound if i spot a cat and remotely set it off?

Poor thing was half dead ,got rid of most of the mange ,killed the fleas but it has a gammy back leg that gets better or worse weekly

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wx4ecjnsdk7acaf/20210525_091046.jpg?dl=0

This was taken before the bowl and lid was introduced ,he like jam sandwiches  which i use to put the ground up pills in.Not sure of its gender we presume its a female as the larger fox that occasionally follows it is probably a male ,it cannot even fathom out how to use the chair to get on the table! He gets dog biscuits  as does the badger from the lawn

Anyway back to trans :

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

2 hours ago, chesters1 said:

But it would be very entertaining in the weightlifting comp ?

I suppose they may be no use at the snatch but might scoop the clean and jerk.

• Haha 3

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I've denied myself gratification for a whole day. I can't wait any longer:

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

They've remade the cartoon in live action:

trans.JPG

Edited by Ken L