River Stour from Canterbury east.

Comus

Only lived here about 12 years. The new A20 was already there when I moved here. Live just 2 miles from Beechborough and only found out about it coming back from a Christmas party on the top floor of a double decker. Well hidden!! I'll let you know whats in it should I join.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that part of folkestone (well cheriton) certainly has changed we get lost trying to find tesco's ,keep forgetting you have to go up the motorway :D next visit camping in late march at the warren :):)

my mrs is from hawkinge i lived in the houses where the town sainsbury now is ,before that hawkinge also but my mum and dad decided theyed had anough and i moved into caple country club (not as grand as its sounds) and squalor untill i moved to the town

[ 04. January 2005, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

the pond opposite the hospital is still a pretty good place to fish if you dont mind the embarrassment of catching goldfish all day long - the public dont seem to mind you catching tench and carp but seem to think there is something wrong with lifting out a fat, bulgy eyed goldfish with a tail longer than its body!

had a 2lb rudd out of there a few years back though, and there are loads of tench and nice size eels.

Ive got to admit that i am very disappointed with the coarse fishing in the folkestone area though - all i want is a nice secluded lake with a few reeds and lilys where i can catch 3 inch rudd all day and ill be happy....

saddly that lake now has gone due to people having the strange wish to go abroad via a tunnel :D

get out that ordnance survey map ,spot the little blue bits on farms ,we fished 10's in the late 60's most farmers told us there wasent any fish in them ,how wrong they were ,they may even remember 2 anglers asking the same thing 40 years ago :D

[ 06. January 2005, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I agree Chubsta.

Don't fancy the hospital pond (Radnor Park). I also like to feel that I am in the countryside. Fished Charlie's Lakes in Ashford today and expect to try either RMC's Naccolt pit or the River Rother tomorrow.

I have lived in the area (Romney Marsh since returning from Germany in 1986 and now after a few years in France at Ashford) for some time now.True we are a bit limited for quality river fishing for the likes of Barbel and Chub or Grayling but other than that there is some great fishing in Kent.Wether you are in to big fish or just a nice net of fish taken on a float.True it helps if you have transport but for a variety that rings true no matter where you live.If there is anything particular you fancy just ask here if I cant help you Im sure some of the others can.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• 3 years later...
Most of the Stour at Canterbury is controlled by the Canterbuty and District Angling Club, I don't think the town stretches are day ticket, but I don't know for certain.

Two stretches they have which are day ticket, pay at the water, are at Grove Ferry and Plucks Gutter.

Both not too far from Folkestone by car.

I have had good catches of roach and chub at both venues in the Winter, with the odd bream.

The C&DAA no longer offer day tickets for any of it's waters. Fishing is by membership only. See subsciptions for details.