Pike book wanted

SPSwallow

Pike books are a funny thing.If I was asked to reccomend a book for any other species I would have no hesitation at all.But with pike books its very hard.Basicly because I cant think of one that covers everything or has a rounded mixture of methods,technical stuff,biology and stories!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Pike books are a funny thing.If I was asked to reccomend a book for any other species I would have no hesitation at all.But with pike books its very hard.Basicly because I cant think of one that covers everything or has a rounded mixture of methods,technical stuff,biology and stories!

I know what you mean. I've looked on Amazon and it is scarce pickings. I could just use the internet for any knowledge but I can't get on with reading off a screen but can read for hours from a book even though it is just the same. Plus I like to read on the bankside

Yes I dont like reading on screen either.

I suppose for "How to" type information any of the stuff by Wilson.Ive not read any of his species specific books but what Ive seen in his general books is quite good.

For old time stuff (but they cover some of the lost "arts" such as location better) Anything by Rickards or Webb.More modern are books by Fickling or Brown.Allthough worth a read and a good read at that titles by Eddie Turner or Dave Horton are a bit more advanced.

Not a great lover of the man or his veiws on pike but Bailey's (cant remember his co auther at the moment Page?) "The Predater becomes the Prey" is not to sad.

Trouble with books though is they dont teach you or give you confidence in the most important of pike fishing skills and that is handling and unhooking. Only way you can safely get that is by actually being shown by a competent pike angler.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Martin Page was the co-writer of Predator becomes the prey , i have a signed one bought it years ago in Norwich in the shop of Dave Plummer

gr jerry

And as finishing touch

god created the dutch

The one I would reccommend is The Fox Guide to Modern Pike Fishing. Its £11.99 and yes its a bit of a constant advert for Fox tackle BUT it explains pike fishing easily and has some great pictures.

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

The one I would reccommend is The Fox Guide to Modern Pike Fishing. Its £11.99 and yes its a bit of a constant advert for Fox tackle BUT it explains pike fishing easily and has some great pictures.

I'll second that!

But come on guys what about Rickards and Webb??

FISHING FOR BIG PIKE

it's THE book to recommend

One here on ebay