View of the day

nursejudy

In a bid to encourage people to share the views around where they live or just places/things they come across I'm posting a couple of pictures taken this last month close to where I live ,feel free to post your pictures or to make a comment.As we have worldwide membership this could be interesting.

Before anyone grumbles about bogging off to the photography forum with this thread I can but I really would love to see where you all live and it is only one thread ....so there ;););) and you never know it may give some pleasure to some members...

Judith

P1010951.jpg

P1010942.jpg

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Very nice, Judy. Those are broad and picturesque uplands, with a splash of color. What is the name of the river and district? Do you live there or spend much time on the water?

Allow me to offer a photo of my lazy cat 'Boots' which was taken in June. The muddy body of water behind him is actually a creek behind my home which jumped its banks after receiving six inches of rain one memorable evening. He couldn't have been less concerned with the state of affairs.

boots.jpg

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Sure looks a contented cat,hope the water did not get into the house.

my pictures are of Ewden Valley Reservoir in the foothills of the South Pennines .

Hopefully members will enjoy this thread ,you never know we may even grt some pictures with fish .. :D

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Here is a shot of the hills to the West of me. The gent with the camera is our very own Poledark.

den-at-altitude.jpg

A little early morning fishing

1-open-grassy.jpg

I didn't manage to get the Autumn colours as well as Judy did.

55-almost-there2.jpg

These next two aren't as wild as the look since both were taken of displays inside a tackle shop.

musk-ox-2.jpg

desert-scene.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thought I recognised that view Newt :) here is one I took on that trip :)

Greatsmokymountains.jpg

Judy, good idea, I shall try my best................

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic