Choosing a Floatation Suit

Mike Dodds

I was at old shop this week remember your freebies depending on what you spend :cool: :cool:

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, Did you get one then, if so what, what did you think of the new shop, I was there on Sat and was well impressed, tho not with the queue at the checkout, I wanted to buy a Shimano Beastmaster 6lb class boat rod, but the tills were heaving...so went to Claythorn St, they didnt have one...had a chat with Paul Young, and bumped into John Wilson, literally, nearly broke the guys shoulder....I wanted to pick Hywels brains, saw him one moment ,then didnt. :( I was talking to Paul Devline, he was telling me it was like that all day, he had 6 tills on the go.....

[ 27. September 2004, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

dont get one fashioned from ex church lead and make sure its orange and stuff and sort of floaty

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Norrie:

I wanted to buy a Shimano Beastmaster 6lb class boat rod

Bit of a light line angler now then Norrie? :D

Where have you been fot he last week or so?

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Norrie:

Mike, Did you get one then, if so what, what did you think of the new shop, I was there on Sat and was well impressed, tho not with the queue at the checkout

Norrie, I ended up fishing on Saturday (3 undersize school bass and 2 eels :D , from a new mark east a bit from Culross) so went to the shop on Sunday. I was there at about 10 in the morning and it was pretty quiet. I didn't see any of the big names but I was a quite focussed. I bought the Fladen Expert 2-piece floatation suit, mainly because it was the only 2 piece in the right size.

Mind there must be some very big anglers about. I normally get extra large, but I ended up with a medium. Even then the jacket is a bit too big.

My wife was waiting outside and having spent £100, I thought better of browsing around for other stuff. The shop is certainly impressive. I'll be back there.

Mike, Glad you had a good day,fishing, and shopping....I think I might know where you were.... :rolleyes: the suit sounds good to me....We went to the other shop on Sat...and when my mate wanted to buy Scierra Neoprene chest waders and boots, the price suddenly went from £99.99 to £140,(this was for the Waders only)when he said they were advertised at £99.99, he was told by the salesman,and I quote, he was talking mince..........we left him at the counter holding the stuff....Mikes Tackle is getting the sale now.....

Jabee, My PC went down about 10 days ago, the hard drive just wiped itself clean,so had to get a new one, and get Davy to do the biz, fitting it and installing the new software....I lost everything I had on it too...1000's of pics.... :( . Not going on to light line stuff totally, but really wanted a new boat rod about that size...it was a great price too, I'll get it soon tho'.... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Norrie:

the price suddenly went from £99.99 to £140,(this was for the Waders only)when he said they were advertised at £99.99, he was told by the salesman,and I quote, he was talking mince..........

HEHEHEHE Norrie that has got me rolling about laughing ,havent they had complaints about this i mean about everone ive spoken too has had the same done with there so called deals at GAC Inclusing me rather annoying,

Wish i had known Paul young and john wilson where there ide of gotten the train through :D

Tight Lines

Shaun