Barton Court Fish-in 13th March

Chris Plumb

This is now FULL - Angly got the last place - any more names will go on a wait list. My mate Paul isn't 100% certain in can make it so I 'may' have another space anyways....

Thanks for your interest see you in March.

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really looking forward to this, cheers Chris! It'll be my first (and long overdue) taste of the Kennet... I've had a look on their website, it looks right up my street :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Looks like a lovely place to fish, not a million miles from me either (Bath)

Anyone fished Barton for pike?

I fished there in 2001 on an anglers experience kindly given to me as a Christmas present from my wife; I spent the day fishing with Bob James. Firstly we tackled the Roach and perch with center pins, maggots and bread, and then we had a go for the bream.

We could see a huge school of bream but they would not take our bait. In the after noon we went after the pike, we stalked the river with Meps. We could see a lot of pike in the shallow water, but they were not interested in the lures, even if we passed the lure over their nose. So we span in some deeper parts of the river. We caught a few nice perch and trout but no Pike. I guess they just weren’t on the feed we did see some massive pike I don’t think I saw a pike under 10lbs.

The pin fishing was exceptional, roach from by the bridge up to 1lb 10oz, dace, trout, and perch. There is one swim were a feeder from the canal comes through a hole, (sluice gate) Bob James was stood well back from the rivers edge throwing maggots in to the canal so they would wash through the hole into the river and was catching some great fish, roach grayling and trout.

Great place to fish. Those going will have a great day.

PS I was also there in March

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Looks like a lovely place to fish, not a million miles from me either (Bath)

Anyone fished Barton for pike?

As JV44 just reminded me, yes, this bloke:

Youtube Video ->

I remember Richard Capper telling me a story too, where he watched somebody there catch two 20lbers in two casts.

I think I might take my pike gear... :D If I'm lucky enough to catch one of those monster roach, that's the bait sorted too :rolleyes:

EDIT: doesn't a minute seem like a lifetime when you watch somebody with a fish out of water?

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Static deadbaiting there is generally a complete waste of time - as the signals home in on the bait way before Mr Esox gets a look in. Sink and draw/lures is the most profitable - usually!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Runner? Rider? Lol, nooooooo, I'm the pedestrian, being the newbie in every sense of the word (new(ish) to the forum, first fish-in, first time on the Kennet, first Grayling, and depending upon my fishing until then possibly first Pike too!). Hence I’m looking forward to this immensely!

Geoff