Barton Court Fish-in 13th March

Chris Plumb

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Runner? Rider? Lol, nooooooo, I'm the pedestrian, being the newbie in every sense of the word (new(ish) to the forum, first fish-in, first time on the Kennet, first Grayling, and depending upon my fishing until then possibly first Pike too!). Hence I’m looking forward to this immensely!

Well you're in for a treat. I fished Barton Court in March this year, wandered about all day (because I wasn't catching much) and I still didn't manage to cover the entire venue. It can accommodate twice as many people without being crowded. It's one of those venues where you can forget to bring your bait and still have an enjoyable day (almost ;) )

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Who are the runners and riders Chris?

Me

Paulg

Anderoo

Elton + 1 (TBC)

Rusty

Steve Walker

Stephen Appleford

Leon

Angly

Also got nearly as many reserves - BC had plenty of free dates at the end of the season so if anyone fancies booking another day.....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Thanks for the tips Chris r.e deadbaiting....more than happy to leave that stuff at home and do lures

Seen the vid on the Tube and it's very impressive, not sure what the fishery owner thinks though as it states that it was caught on a live bait when the rules state the method is banned!

In the posted vid the cameraman is heard to say "...nailed a dead Roach" whilst looking in the Pike's mouth at the end of the clip.

Geoff

In the posted vid the cameraman is heard to say "...nailed a dead Roach" whilst looking in the Pike's mouth at the end of the clip.

Andy Little had one a bit bigger at around 34 and a bit which was in Anglers mail a couple of years ago,He took it on a sardine i think and he watched the fish swim up and grab it magical stuff.

Posted the cheque today cant wait a big thank you to Mr Plumb for organizing this Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Saw Andy little's fish in the Anglers Mail book the other day, fantastic looking fish.

Catching a river 30 is the stuff of dreams as they are rare beasts, know there is no guarantee but the fact that the place is stocked with trout must improve the quailty/size of the pike present.

Right, getting excited about going here, must book up for next weekend

Catching a river 30 is the stuff of dreams as they are rare beasts, know there is no guarantee but the fact that the place is stocked with trout must improve the quailty/size of the pike present.

I think it must also help that they aren't persecuted quite so much at Barton Court as they are on other parts of the middle Kennet. The estate immediately downstream elctrofishes the pike out every autumn....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

The next person who whinges about a post being edited, or moderation on AN of any sort, is going to be instructed to read the comments on that pike video! Praise be to the mods :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE