Barton Court Fish-in 13th March

Chris Plumb

The next person who whinges about a post being edited, or moderation on AN of any sort, is going to be instructed to read the comments on that pike video! Praise be to the mods :D

Yes, but you have to remember that AN posters look like this:

eafish121.jpg

and YouTube posters look like this:

Beavis_and_Butt-head.gif

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it must also help that they aren't persecuted quite so much at Barton Court as they are on other parts of the middle Kennet. The estate immediately downstream elctrofishes the pike out every autumn....

C.

Can see that, with numbers being limted to so few per day it's got to be a good thing as far as the pike fishing goes, I suppose the proof is in th pudding so to speak, have to keep an eye on th weather for next weekend and try and book a day.

I was lucky enough to fish it with JC (Flying Tench) couple of years ago, very nice place, but any chalk stream is heaven to me, trotting heaven, memorable scraps with the brown trout, no grayling on the day or big roach, but did witness a 2lb roach capture. I also fished an avon quiver rod in one of the many sluices, great fun with some big dace and chub, signal crays are a pest though.

The big roach seemed to be shoaled up by the road bridge all day and the angler fishing there did not move...mind you can't blame him.

If anyone does fancy a short notice advance reccie of this venue there are 9 places available for this Saturday the 15th November as at 5 minutes ago.

It was empty until I nabbed one.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Does anyone know how affected by rain Barton is i.e water levels, colour of river as this will obviously have a big effect on fishing lures & fly?

I was going to go Saturday myself but after all the recent rain I decided to sack it off and go barbelling instead

Does anyone know how affected by rain Barton is i.e water levels, colour of river as this will obviously have a big effect on fishing lures & fly?

Not sure, I booked on the basis of the weather forecast for Hungerford being quite dry from Tuesday...but I don't think it has been :rolleyes: . I was told the water was high but not in flood so it may have got worse by now. I'll give them a call tomorrow and may cancel if it's not good news.

From Bath would be a fair journey so you've probably made the right decision.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Not sure, I booked on the basis of the weather forecast for Hungerford being quite dry from Tuesday...but I don't think it has been :rolleyes: . I was told the water was high but not in flood so it may have got worse by now. I'll give them a call tomorrow and may cancel if it's not good news.

From Bath would be a fair journey so you've probably made the right decision.

I fished the Kennet not far downstream from BC on Sunday - and it was fine - perfick in fact - tinge of colour and the river rose a tad during the day - didn't put the fish off - had absolutely stacks - including some clonking chub......

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

• 1 month later...
Is this still happening ?

I flipping hope so. Why do you ask? Got me worried now!!!! :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

i can't remember if i got my name on the reserve list or not ,and if so ,i was going to enquire if everyone was feeling well or not :spiteful: ,nothing serious just the odd bout of flu ,measles or general pox :P and have to drop out ! :rolleyes:

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve