Barton Court Fish-in 13th March

Chris Plumb

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see what the problem is. Get there, spend an hour trying to tie a hook on, throw your float up a tree and then grab a bite to eat.

Pack up, drive home. Sorted.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Does that include time trying to find and persuade someone to lend you some hooks :)

Nah, I'm all hooked-up now. Got millions of the bloody things. All the wrong size and style, obviously :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

No fly fishing for me this time (plenty of that coming up shortly anyway!), I'm doing my best to limit the amount of stuff I take. I had it down to a float rod and a quiver/avon, but I think the pike rod is creeping back in again now :rolleyes: I've done hardly any piking this year and I just know I'll kick myself if a decent pike makes an appearance and I don't have the right gear. The float rod and pin is for 'everything' and is what I'll be using 99% of the time, the avon/quiver is just in case I want to settle into a spot and either try for a big perch or quivertip for the roach, and the pike rod is just for opportunistically nicking out pike if they're striking at my fish.

Apart from that, all I'll have is a small bag and a landing net, and will probably take an unhooking mat to sit on if I want a rest and (more important) a cup of tea :)

I've just remembered that the last time I used my pin it started making some pretty nasty grinding noises (it was all full of snow and mud :rolleyes: ) so I'd better give that a quick wipe! As you can tell, I'm not one of those pin collectors who lovingly cleans them after each session and displays them in a glass cabinet :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Must admit, my Okuma was in need of a full strip and oil last time I used it. Must get round to that. My AN pin doesn't need any attention, though, so I'll be using that.

I'm taking two float rods - one set up for fishing lobs - one for fishing maggot and a feeder rod - which will probably stay in the car as per usual!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I'll be trotting I think, probably with maggots and lobworms.

The venue just lends itself to being mobile I think. On past occasions I’ve seen people pitch up at the brick bridge all day and not catch a great deal. Ok so they’re after specimen fish but after a couple of hours you’d think the temptation to explore would get the better of them, it does me every time.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back