West Bay

cobweb

Camping this weekend with my kids at freshwater beach,fishing for mackerel. In the evening intend to try for bass,does anybody know of any good spots nearby.Will be using fresh mackerel :D and lures.Any upto date info appreciated

thanks mark

Bass are quite often taken between the stretch between West Bay Harbour & Burton Bradstock so you are in the right spot.

I caught my 1st bass from West Bexington a few weeks ago on lugworm & squid cocktail, so they are about

People are also taking bass from near the new harbour at west bay, although it's not been there long enough really for it to be an established bass ground

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

jealous now, was going to camp at freshwater myself at weekend, but daughter 2 has just come home with a letter saying she is line dancing at the local fete at weekend so i cant go after all.

plus i've been stuck at home with a virus for past few days & couldnt fish thru all the good weather. :mad:

welcome cobweb, i dont moan all the time.

you've as much chance of catching mr bass at freshwater as anywhere else along the chesil although i would take some flattie rigs along.

good luck

fish with two or three rods one fished close in with whole squid or half or whole mackerel .there is a good article in this months tsf on shore fishing for bass good luck.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Cheers all,

just finished loading car, will set out early tomorrow, can hardly wait.Hopefully will post some nice pics next week. Stayed same time last year but only had mackerel, with extra info who knows,could have my first shore caught bass

thanks

mark

Had lovely camping weather all weekend but not a lot of mackerel.Fished friday evening and saturday morning at freswater only had a few fish.Went to abbotsbury sat nite and couldn't beleive how many people were fishing,probably stretched for over 2 miles.Got back in car and drove to burton bradstock where we found a space to fish. Caught about 30 mackerel but no luck with lures and bait for bass.My sons also caught 4 small pollock(i think)on feathers as it got dark.Had a great few days and look forward to going back in august.Also saw about 20 buzzards hunting for prey on the a31 which was great to see.