cant find a travel beach caster :(

mike1234

i am going up to Scotland on holiday next year with my girlfriends parents and my first thought was its by the sea so i will be able to get some fishing in

i mainly do course fishing these days as i dont live near the sea and am not driving at the moment but most of my childhood was spent sea fishing off the rocks,

but my beach caster is a 2 section rod and is far too big to take with me and non of the local tackle shops seem to do a travel rod capable of casting out a 6oz grip lead in my price range of under £50 does anyone know a place online i might find one, i dont really want to spend alot as i already have a beach caster that i hardly get to use ,

cheers

mike

but my beach caster is a 2 section rod and is far too big to take with me and non of the local tackle shops seem to do a travel rod capable of casting out a 6oz grip lead in my price range of under £50 does anyone know a place online i might find one, i dont really want to spend alot as i already have a beach caster that i hardly get to use ,

How about the telescopic Shakey? £23 from bosfish, but possibly cheaper from one of AN's site sponsors.

Try this http://www.tackleuk.co.uk/shakespeare-salt...ach-p-3082.html

a tenner over your limit but lookd to meet your needs.

I have the Fladen Travel beach caster in the caravan and whilst its no Conoflex or ZZiplex it does a job.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Try this http://www.tackleuk.co.uk/shakespeare-salt...ach-p-3082.html

a tenner over your limit but lookd to meet your needs.

I have the Fladen Travel beach caster in the caravan and whilst its no Conoflex or ZZiplex it does a job.

Tony

:D Spot on. The Fladen is OK but the Shakespeare is worth the extra tenner. :D

Norm

I only paid £20 for the Fladen new, from a market stall in Bridport, it had a damaged carry case and had been used as a demo rod on the stall; so it was not too bad when you consider they retail at £79.99.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

i am going up to Scotland on holiday next year with my girlfriends parents and my first thought was its by the sea so i will be able to get some fishing in

i mainly do course fishing these days as i dont live near the sea and am not driving at the moment but most of my childhood was spent sea fishing off the rocks,

cheers

mike

Find out the cost of return postage,

Send your rod up and send it back home you may well be quids in,

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

:rolleyes: Post office won't handle anything over 5ft, no matter how light or slim, that's why I had to stop using them for sending prize rods. :angry:

O well just a thought :D

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

If its a beachcaster you want then the Shakespeare salt travel version is a very fine choice. however if you are looking for something more versatile consider a travel carp rod I have used the Shimano Exage travel carp rods for all manner of sea fishing and with a fixed spool reel and a four ounce lead I have surprised many people with the distances that can be cast with this outfit yet it is also competent at flinging lures for bass or even float fishing. The one I have has the 2.75lb test curve.

I guess you could even use it for carp fishing!!! :D

Hope this helps

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan