Lost your Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange website?

I had an old "Fishy Tales" website that had been online since about 2002, created with Freeserve's Sitebuilder program. It remained available, throught the most recent transition to Orange, but then I found it had disappeared altogether. I don't know if Orange attempted to notify users, but as I had changed my email address several times, I can hardly blame them.

I don't think there was ever a backup facility and at that time I probably wouldn't have known how to use it anyway. However, all is not lost, as I came across this website, that has archived masses of old web pages http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

I wasn't able to see any of the photographs, but at least I was able to retrive some of the text.

I just thought there was bound to be somebody else in the same situation, so I thought I would share it.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.