Lets Spice Things up a 'bait'...

Miggy

Hey Fellas,

Im going fishing this coming weekend with a mate to a pond local to me that is roughly 150 yards across. I am planning to fish with a cage feeder loaded with 2 or 3mm feed pellets, running down to 2 6mm hair rigged expander pellets. I was just wondering if any of you fellas can think of ways in which I can spice up the feed pellets a little. I had a couple of ideas, such as soaking them in water mixed with a liquid additive such as scopex or something similar, or using some things in the kitchen cupboard i.e a little curry powder or something. Any Ideas would be appreciated

Mitch

Hey Fellas,

Im going fishing this coming weekend with a mate to a pond local to me that is roughly 150 yards across. I am planning to fish with a cage feeder loaded with 2 or 3mm feed pellets, running down to 2 6mm hair rigged expander pellets. I was just wondering if any of you fellas can think of ways in which I can spice up the feed pellets a little. I had a couple of ideas, such as soaking them in water mixed with a liquid additive such as scopex or something similar, or using some things in the kitchen cupboard i.e a little curry powder or something. Any Ideas would be appreciated

Mitch

i havent got around to trying it yet, but i thought maple syrup woud be good for this... im not sure what consistency it would leave the pellets in tho, for instence it may be too thick to have the pellets soak it up, or it might make them too sticky :huh:

i havent got around to trying it yet, but i thought maple syrup woud be good for this... im not sure what consistency it would leave the pellets in tho, for instence it may be too thick to have the pellets soak it up, or it might make them too sticky :huh:

Hmm.. thats a thought.. thanks for the reply

Mitch

Hey Fellas,

Mitch

What species of fish are you after or what's in the pond?

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

What species of fish are you after or what's in the pond?

Mainly carp I spose, nothing massive. Hopefully around the 6-10lb mark average size of the lake.. Although they do grow much bigger..

Mainly carp I spose, nothing massive. Hopefully around the 6-10lb mark average size of the lake.. Although they do grow much bigger..

I don't claim to be an expert on carp, but Ive used scolded pellet a lot mainly for bream. My own findings have been that just a little flavor is best. I just put a splash of mollases in the boiling water when I'm making it just to sweeten them a bit, bream seem to like that. I think you've got to remember pellets can be quite good with out any flavor.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I don't claim to be an expert on carp, but Ive used scolded pellet a lot mainly for bream. My own findings have been that just a little flavor is best. I just put a splash of mollases in the boiling water when I'm making it just to sweeten them a bit, bream seem to like that. I think you've got to remember pellets can be quite good with out any flavor.

OK heres one of my secrets, try diping the hook bait in worcester sauce, shhhhh don't tell everyone though :)

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"