Odd One This ....

MrWiggly

Had a twiddle with this Huge ... still no result. :angry:

Try this then........

RESOLUTION

To correct this problem, reset the icon size to 32 or 48. To do so, follow these steps:

1. In Control Panel, double-click Display.

2. Click the Appearance tab.

3. In the Item box, click Icon.

4. In the Size box, click 32 or 48.

NOTE: There are two Size boxes. Adjust the setting in the Size box to the right of the Item box.

5. Click OK.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Icons set to 32.

Icons are now still the same as before ... just bigger !

All icons now gathered to left of screen, but I know how to cure that !

The puzzle continues :huh::huh::huh:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Icons set to 32.

Icons are now still the same as before ... just bigger !

All icons now gathered to left of screen, but I know how to cure that !

The puzzle continues :huh::huh::huh:

That's about it for windows, are you running vista?

I've been through the microsoft knowledge base for help but am thinking this might be specific to your OS and loaded programs. Have a look at the knowledge base typing in thumbnails specific to your secondary progs.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

create a new folder ,highlite allthe adnormal folders ,right click one of the admormal folders sellect cut from the pop up menu (the folder should now be transparent) then paste them into the new (normal folder) .

either they will be ok ,or just the same as before ,in which case make replacement folders on the desktop and transfer the relavent files to them ,then delete the new folder containing the adnormal ones ,if you can ! if explorer refuses to delete them ,then they are indeed owned by another bit of software or user ! if so i have a solution for this as well ,in fact its a extreamly usefull free techie tool ! called Unlocker which i'd just run anyway too check

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

another trick too try is to rightclick one of the affected folders ,sellect properties (bottom) from menu ,then sellect the tab/button marked customize /change icon & from the popup box sellect a new icon that looks like what the folder should or a special folder icon and apply .it might work

yet another trick i've just thought of down load Icolorfolder and simply change the colour of the folders ! & style if you wish and its free ,great for hylighting personal / special folders

gant2_skin.png

http://icolorfolder.sourceforge.net/?page_id=2

good luck

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Update ....

I have just clicked on "Properties" of one of the dodgy items and noticed that not only were the attributes listed as "Hidden" but they were also "Read Only". Have corrected this, and all the other dodgies, and everything is fine again.

No idea how this happened in the first place, or why it selected just these particular icons, and not all on the desktop ! :o

All well now. :thumbs:

Just thought I'd let you know ... :P

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.