Anybody thinking of changing their Yak next season?

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Nothing wrong at all with a basic paddle - I never found my aluminium shaft polypropolene Carlisle Day Tripper to be limiting. That said, my Enchantment Carbon DOES make a difference (full carbon, 2 piece £150 or under) so much so that my wife demanded (and got) one for her birthday as well. It is a pleasure to use - I can, quite literally, paddle it all day long without tiring (partly weight and partly blade design). That said, we do get the hours out of them to justify the cost. Note: they are a Johnson product so usual rider applies.

As to the Scupper, yes Bill, you were right - I took this yesterday, it came off the container last week. I didn't know about the changes when I replied before.

ScupperProweb.jpg

Major difference/benefit is the transducer scupper hole as per the other NZ fishing kayaks. The rudder mount has been redesigned, the carrying handles/attachments are different, the centre 'console' is slightly different, te hatch cover is changed and the paddle keep has been fitted.

I think I will buy one next year (an additional kayak, not a replacement). I'm more restricted on time now and have to go out and come in with more time constraints. With the currents how they've been this winter this has sometimes been tricky and I've had to walk back pulling a kayak because of wind and tide that was dropping me down to around 1 knot headway - I had half an hour to get back to the van but not an hour so an extra knot of speed would have made all the difference.

I still reckon that if I was restricted to one kayak for everything from our range it would be an Elite. Superb combination of speed, storage, stability and suitability.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

• 4 weeks later...

hi all hungry fisherman here i used to have a p13 couple years back now own a green[same colour] scupper pro love it im still shy on fixing my ram mounts anchor system and ff etc but ill bite the bullet and drill dem holes :D

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I haven't been on here for ages, not since I confessed to enjoying the paddling more than the fishing in fact.

I've had a lovely time with my Caper but I'm thinking about a bit more speed for touring this year and I really like the look of the Scupper Pro. I have been a kayaker for donkey's years but appreciated the stability of the Caper which has allowed me to go solo in some quite challenging conditions.

Do you think I would notice a big decrease in stability if I switched to the Scupper? Does it ride over waves cleanly without slapping down on them from a great height?

I live in Suffolk and always buy from Nucleus Watersports. Before I ring them, does anyone know if they do part exchange? Does anyone in East Anglia have a Scupper I could try?

Bit cheeky I know but you guys are the experts!

Cheers,

Steve