Chippy

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sslatter

Hey Paul.. :D

Watching and waiting but nothing yet.

I've been checking the surface temps as well, and according to the Met site, the 11 degree line should be just about around the Channel Islands.

Be lucky.

S.

Hi Graham

ITV channel islands very thoughtfully has a teletext page with the local weather on it, and they also update it every 4 hours with the current sea temp at the local harbour (good or what!!). It's this info that I use to update the sea temp on my website.

Now for the bad news - current sea temp stands at 7.9 @ 6pm. I reckon 5 weeks or so and we should be at the golden 11 degree mark.....April 24th was my first fish last year.

Guest sslatter

A reliable sighting of three solitary big fish a couple of miles from here, but no sign yet of a big shoal.

Any news from Jersey?

Guest sslatter

Got a call last night with a "99.9% sure" sighting of a mullet..so went out for the first time this year and fished a 4.2 in a very shallow hotspot, freezing..stuck it for an hour, and then packed up. As we were leaving, my mate spots them first-ten mullet languidly swimming past where we'd been fishing. Probably thins, with two around the 3lb mark. It was too shallow to fish by then.

..but anyway..no sign of the thousands yet like last year, but they can't be far away. :D:D:D

here on the ebro lower region they have spawned with fry chasing all the way as far as 40 miles up river. mullet to 5lbs chewing on the algee with just one or two inches of water.i know its the med but sure the water temps are creeping further northwards i would say by the end of next week weather looks to settle and warm up a little. so expect a good result within a few days after that. try sweetcorn they love it.

fishing guide for catfish and carp

Nothing in Weymouth yet! Went down last week to have a look but couldn't see a thing. Getting a small boat this year to get me out to the breakwater to fish as well! It will be great to get out to those marks where P.C Libbey caught that huge 10lb er a fair few years ago! Great to fish these marks away from all those anoying holiday makers to!