baitfeeder reels

wellyphant

Cheers for that,i already have a pair of 6000 aero gt's that i use for carpin and have also used them for barbel but felt a bit on the big side..I've been looking up the Okuma cassien 30 baitfeeders which look nice reels but the limited amount of time i would spend using them doesn,t justify spending £55 on each reel,maybe i should try and get a deal off my local tackle shop to get them under the £100 mark.

I know what you mean, i wouldn't use my 6000 size shimanos on my 1lb tc avon rod either. They would just be that bit too big and heavy.

On my avon i use an old 4010 baitrunner which balances it really well. Unfortunately i don't think Shimano make anything that size with the baitrunner facility anymore :(

Paul.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

Tica SR3507 might be worth a look. Smaller than a Shimano Baitrunner. Less than £50 each if you shop around.

http://www.mavermatch.co.uk/index.php?opti...ory=3&id=65

Cheers Dave,they look nice reels,,have you used these yourself?oh,by the way,did you enjoy stewarding the pike match at wyreside?

Cheers Dave,they look nice reels,,have you used these yourself?oh,by the way,did you enjoy stewarding the pike match at wyreside?

I have three I've been using for tench/bream fishing. Well impressed with them after a lot of use and abuse this year. The clutch is surprisingly good. Line lay ain't the best but looks okay to me. But then line lay is highly overrated and mostly intended to catch anglers. I use Baitrunner 3500Bs for barbel fishing which have appalling line lay and narrow spools but cast as far as Aero Baitrunners!

The stewarding was kinda fun - I wish fewer fish had been caught because I was knackered after running (okay, walking fast) round the lake all day! :D

Dave

dlstsig.png