Pike fishing dusk

Anderoo

Everyone rolls out the old line about there being more to fishing than catching fish, but it's so true. On a recent day's piking at a local gravel pit I was kept entertained all day by kingfishers streaking (not like that) across the lake, a bundle of long tailed tits chirruping and bouncing in the tree next to me and the changing moods and colours of the winter sky. At dusk the whole world turned yellow, it was quite amazing.

Still no pike this season!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Lovely pics

I notice no Delkims or backbiters though....naughtu naughty lol

Delkims are for people with too much money :P

I would imagine he's got a bobbin out of view for back bites.

Infact it looks like a fox drop off like Russells.

Edited by tigger

Delkims are for people with too much money :P

I would imagine he's got a bobbin out of view for back bites.

Yep looks like you can just see the orange of the drop off in the bottom of the photo Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Yep looks like you can just see the orange of the drop off in the bottom of the photo Steve.

Ah yes, I see it now, just used something called the scroll bar lol

Must start taking some photos like that, be good blown up/framed on the wall at home