a FEW OF MY PICS FROM THIS YEAR

tman26

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi tman26,

just wanted to say I really enjoyed those photos mate!

Fair play to you and I share the same view as yourself in keeping a few for the plate. ;)

Man, you have caught heaps of sea bass this year! What tactics do you normally use?

Just a quick question.

Why do people say "Sea Bass"???Do we also get river Bass?

Or you could say Sea Plaice...Sea Shark....Sea dab

zzippy2.gif

Why do people say "Sea Bass"???Do we also get river Bass?

River bass and lake bass both although other parts of Europe have larger populations of black bass.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

zippy we have differnt oppinions on keeping Bass im very bored by your negative comments, i dont go on uour threads making negative comments, if you dont like the pics dont look at them. B) chill and talk about fishing

What are you on about??.If I was talking to you I would have put a reply up Quoting your thread .

I was asking a General question.If you dont want to answer properly just butt out.I have nothing to say to you.I have said all I want to say on another Forum.

zzippy2.gif

River bass and lake bass both although other parts of Europe have larger populations of black bass.

Thanks Newt :)

I had never heard of River or Lake Bass being caught over here.I know in the States they get both.

zzippy2.gif

Exactly, as the Americans have fresh and saltwater bass they call the saltwater ones sea bass and as they are bigger than us it moves into common parlance. It's incorrect to call them sea bas in the UK though. Now in France they call them Bar or Loup, why they can't make their minds up I don't know.

There is someone on another site who constantly refers to something called a record bass but i'm buggered if I can find it in my reference book.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

There is someone on another site who constantly refers to something called a record bass but i'm buggered if I can find it in my reference book.

That wouldnt happen to be someone else from The I.O.W would it ;):D

zzippy2.gif

Yea.At this rate there wont be any left to put on a fishmongers slab.

Nice photo of the gutted bass.

Very well done :rolleyes:

Reason why you don't see fish like that on the slab to a great extent as 75% is exported in any event, then they import the dross for the general public to eat, crazy or what.

Someone down the west country calculated that the rsa take is equall to 1.7% 0f the commercail landings in the uk, this was put to defra and it was not challenged.

According to defra the bass stock is being fished at present on a sustainable basis.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..