32 pound Thames Pike!!

Peter Waller

My remarks about his attitude being very typical of an american......I stand by those too! Americans are great people provided you subscribe to their point of view, but if you dont they try and belittle you, shout you down or simply ignore you.

I would be more inclined to make that point about one or two English people, Phil! And that is not aimed at you, honestly. Perhaps its a South of the Wash city thing as well, in some cases!! ;););)

Re the America thing, you could have added that they might just shoot you too!

Edited by Peter Waller

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil, calm down please, mate, you're reading waaay too much into Newt's posts on this one.

Newt is a great asset to this forum and a bloody good bloke as well. His motives were, as ever, entirely credit-worthy and his impish reply to your post was simply a demonstration of one of his essential features - a sense of humour.

Right, best be off - these hedgehogs won't roast themselves you know.

;)

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

i agree phil, you're overreacting on this. it's the first time i've ever heard of newt being criticised in this way, and i second wordbenders view that newt is a bloody good bloke and a huge asset to the forum. newt deals with all conflicts on here in a diplomatic way, and with his usual sense of humour. i can't see what you're getting so wound up about

Right, best be off - these hedgehogs won't roast themselves you know.

;

But I do wish you would take the left-over spines home with you after your meal. That pile behind your bivvy is just so unsightly! Do you roast your's on a gas mark 7 or 8, and with or without the guts?

But I do wish you would take the left-over spines home with you after your meal. That pile behind your bivvy is just so unsightly! Do you roast your's on a gas mark 7 or 8, and with or without the guts?

Haven't eaten one for many years, mate, and I doubt if I'll ever bother again.

At least you didn't do the 'baked in clay' cobblers.

:rolleyes:

Dear All,

Anyway; I was fishing the other day near a weir pool but was unable to get closer than I wanted because three hedgehogs had got there before me and were fishing for pike. Couldn't get in the few swims below them either, gudgeoney's had taken the swims and below them two chubey's were long trotting floats through. Dear oh dear, where can I fish? Further down stream was no good either as fifty carpy's had set up "Bivy on Trent" and the noise from their generators was deafening. I finally settled down in a nice ditch bordering a farmers field. Six inches of water limited my chances but come nightfall the big one came in over my net.

Don't believe all you read about the supposed 22lb barbel "off" the Trent. I'd keep my eye on those ditches if I were you. (round winky face)

Regards,

Lee.

Dear All,

Anyway; I was fishing the other day near a weir pool but was unable to get closer than I wanted because three hedgehogs had got there before me and were fishing for pike. Couldn't get in the few swims below them either, gudgeoney's had taken the swims and below them two chubey's were long trotting floats through.....

You know those mushrooms you found, Lee? Thems wun't regl'er 'shrooms, mate. :blink:

;)

I've often toyed with the idea of instigating a book about the travellers and their culture. Aside from their sometimes indifferent attitudes to our perception of law and order they seem an intriguing group of people.

There are so many people 'travelling' nowadays that the culture of true Romanis is a somewhat diluted faction. Like all walks of life I guess, there are good and bad.

I think Newt is... (ahem)..'A regular guy' too.

I also happen to think that Phil has an entirely valid point. Banishing the term 'pedunkle' because it has connotations with a negative term used in a derogatory way for a certain bunch of people would be political correctness gone mad!

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

For my veiws on "Peduncles" I would like to quote the famous line from the film Snatch but the auto censor wouldnt let me! and for the record most of my Gypsy,Traveller or true Romany mates would most likely agree!

Oh yeagh we were on about the 32 from the Thames werent we! All though I accept what Peter says about the information all ready being public knowledge it isnt wise to continue drawing attention to it.Got to agree with Gerry here the area in question isnt that big and we all know the damage the "report chasers" can do.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!