My Australian holiday - you asked for it !

Snatcher

It started to turn really dark again and we expected more rain,it kept off though I am pleased to say.

13-2.jpg

I was chomping at the bit for a beer and persuaded the girls to go to the Wharf Bar,the idea being to keep seats for the rest!!

14-2.jpg

The location of this bar was very picturesque and could not think of a better place to chill out after a hard day in the city.Most of the city workers disembarking from the ferries did just that.

15-2.jpg

We opted to sit outside under an awning

16-2.jpg

I am sure everyone must have finished work early for this one

17-2.jpg

This next shot is of Amanda and I with Robert.Now as chance would have it Amanda and Robert attended the same nursery and schools together back in Whitley Bay. Robert had just bought a house in Bondi,minutes from Amanda - uncanny or what?

18-2.jpg

The Carltons beer was going down a treat and everyone was in "party mode".Lillian wandered around with the Canon A700 PowerShot taking random shots of our drunken antics!!!

19-2.jpg

20-1.jpg

Amanda and Paul

21-1.jpg

22-1.jpg

At this point I noticed the sunset starting to develop into something special so picked up my camera and walked down to the end of the wharf to take these shots

23-1.jpg

24-1.jpg

It had been a great "leaving party" and chuffed at the large turn out.Well that was it our last night in Australia.For our last day we had planned a walk along Bondi beach and a few beers.

Edited by Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff. We're nearing the end?? :cry:

Can you go to Thailand next? LOL.

It's been an epic, mate. And I've loved every minute of it. Roll on Bondi.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Sadly after our two month tour of Australia this was our final day.It was fine and sunny and we headed off from Amandas apartment on the short walk down to Bondi Beach. First off was to call into that iconic bar Icebergs.

9-5.jpg

The world famous Bondi Icebergs Club is located above the Bondi Baths swimming pool at the south end of Bondi Beach, New South Wales, Australia. Famous for their Winter swimming, the Icebergs was founded in 1929 by a group of commited local lifesavers, and has since grown to become an Aussie icon.The Bondi Icebergs Club is the only licensed swimming club in the world and has a panoramic view of Bondi Beach. At high water waves actually break into the pool and Amanda had heard that a shark had been washed into it a while ago!!

1-13.jpg

We had a few beers and a very nice meal and then went for a stroll north along the beach.A right posing shot from Amanda and Paul

10-5.jpg

4-11.jpg

2-13.jpg

It is a cracking beach and the surfers were out in their droves

3-12.jpg

5-9.jpg

OOPS

oops.jpg

6-8.jpg

At the north end of the beach Amanda suggested we call into another RSL Club (Returned and Service League of Australia) Not wanting to upset our daughter we reluctantly agreed. Now they had a dress code at this club and the lady on the door said I was not suitably attired and that I could pick a shirt from the rack to put on.I picked the most hideous one in the rack LOL

7-6.jpg

Well this is the last picture you will see of me in Australia - how apt with a beer in my hand!

8-6.jpg

From the club it was a taxi back to Amandas to pick up the cases and then onto Sydney airport and a 24 hour flight back to the UK/Newcastle International Airport.

What a great adventure we had been through.Australia is a truly wonderful and varied country.I just loved the easy going ozzies and the wildlife we seen on our trip was awesome.It is very hard to pick out my favourite bit to be honest. It was just nice being a complete family again with Amanda.It was good to see how happy Paul made her. Meeting my two cousins in Melbourne after 40 years was a highlight.Also meeting their families was a pleasure. Meeting Mick(Hellbelly) was a right roar and I will never forget that.

Why did I embark on the photographic diary in the first place. Take a bow Danny!! While I was in oz and managed to find the odd internet cafe and log onto AN there was always a pm from Danny lying there,asking how the trip was going and where were we off to next.It was at this point that he first mentioned about doing a photographic diary. Well here it is complete and I just wish he was here to see the finished article - do you think he would approve???

It was great to get interaction and encouragement from you all Bobj,Clifftop,NurseJudy etc etc I just hope you have all enjoyed the journey with me and have learnt a bit about Australia along the way

"I hereby dedicate my Photographic Diary of Australia in Dannys memory,thanks for everything Danny"

Edited by Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

VERY well done John, an incredible 15 page forum topic, reportage style journal of your antipodean adventure, I stand and applaud !!

Danny would have got a huge kick out of this thats for sure, and how nice to dedicate this mammoth task to his memory.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

"I hereby dedicate my Photographic Diary of Australia in Dannys memory,thanks for everything Danny"

Thank you very much for that Snatcher.

I know that when you first started your "Ozzie Adventures" Danny was amused and enthralled, but above all he was very impressed by your pictures and your presentation of the saga.

Were he here today I know that he would have been the first to congratulate you on an excellent job very well executed.

Susan.

Edited by LittleSusy

A truly epic experience in photos and words. I am really pleased our fair country was to your liking and I hope that your ladies enjoyed the experience.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Well done, mate. Fantastic photo diary and thanks for the huge effort in putting it all together.

Andy.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Well done Snatcher, a really good read worthy of a proffesional writer.

You've kept us enthralled and looking for more all the time.

The dedication to Danny at the end was the icing on the cake ( where's me tissues ) .

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

I agree totally with the above comments Snatcher. What a great report that is! Some cracking shots and full of interesting facts, along with quite a few laughs. Love the dedication at the end too, got a tear or two out of me as well.

Mick.

rb_getcreative.gif