My Australian holiday - you asked for it !

Snatcher

From the beach we headed towards the harbour and stumbled over this little gem - St Marys by the sea

http://www.asiarooms.com/travel-guide/aust...rt-douglas.html

We just had to take a few shots of it

10-21.jpg

11-17.jpg

12-16.jpg

During our time at Port Douglas we seen quite a few weddings there.Someone said it was the most popular church in Australia for getting married in. Do not actually know if there is any truth in this.

13-13.jpg

It was right on the beach

14-12.jpg

Right next to the beach was the Sunday Market

15-9.jpg

I was watching this aboriginal guy weaving baskets,how skillful was he?? I know they are not keen on being photographed so I did ask him first.He said it was ok but he would not pose for me.Anyway this is the shot

16-5.jpg

In the next installment we head off to Marina and see George the giant wild grouper being fed

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snatcher

St Mary's by the sea; where's the lighthouse?????????

By the way did you win the tug of war?

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

We fancied a tour of Port Douglas Marina.

Set against the picturesque backdrop of the tranquil blue waters of Dickson's Inlet and with spectacular views to the Mossman Ranges, this striking modern complex compliments the traditional architecture of north Queensland and offers everything from day-to-day essentials to exclusive fashion, ultimate indulgence and fun.

1-57.jpg

2-48.jpg

The place really smells of money I can assure you

3-43.jpg

4-37.jpg

The restaurant component of Marina Mirage provides visitors with a superb selection of international cuisine, the option of airconditioned indoor seating, or al fresco dining with views of the aquatic world gliding by.

5-39.jpg

6-38.jpg

7-33.jpg

This next boat,The Lady Douglas features in my next installment

8-27.jpg

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

One of the complex's unique attractions is a 14 metre wide timber boardwalk bounded by shops and restaurants on one side and overlooking the Marina on the other.

9-27.jpg

10-23.jpg

11-18.jpg

12-17.jpg

The boardwalk offers al fresco dining at sidewalk cafes; a perfect spot to sit and enjoy the marine environment and famous Queensland sunshine. Marina Mirage is the closest mainland point to the region's range of marine attractions and provides 109 berths, is the departure point for world renowned Quicksilver Connections luxury vessels and for a flotilla of luxury cruise vessels, yachts and private motor cruisers.

Marina Mirage Port Douglas is fast becoming the nautical gateway to Port Douglas and North Queensland.

13-14.jpg

These guys had been out reef fishing on a charter and it looks like they have never heard of catch and release!!!!!

14-13.jpg

We noticed this archer fish shooting flies off one of the jetty piles

15-10.jpg

16-6.jpg

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Next up we headed to the Inlet Bar to see George the giant grouper being fed.Its a daily occurance at 5pm every day and is a real crowd puller

1-58.jpg

2-49.jpg

A large tuna head is his snack!!

3-44.jpg

4-38.jpg

5-40.jpg

6-39.jpg

7-34.jpg

8-28.jpg

In the next installment we go croc spotting up the river on the Lady Douglas

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Another bottler, mate!!

Those charter fisos had caught some of the best eating fish. You don't throw those back unless they are undersize. A mixture of red emperor and large-mouth nannygai (scarlet sea perch)

14-13.jpg

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Another top notch installment mate. Some great looking weather for photo's with the sun and clouds too. That one with the charter fish is awesome except for that pole in the way, its got really good QI and colour.

rb_getcreative.gif

The manager of our apartment complex,John had advised us to book onto one of the sunset river cruises on the Lady Douglas paddle boat crocodile spotting.We took his advice and this was our trusty steed!!

1-59.jpg

2-50.jpg

I had heard of loads of folk blanking on these trips and was not expecting to see any.I could not believe my eyes when we had just rounded the first bend from the Yacht Club and we seen this chap on the bank.

3-45.jpg

I do not think he was too happy to see us though!!

4-39.jpg

The skipper was well chuffed as he said all the pressure was off him now.Another 10 minutes up the river and the skipper spotted another croc amongst the mangroves.

5-41.jpg

Now I think these were a pair of sea eagles we spotted in the trees.I am sure a twitcher can put me right on this !

6-40.jpg

7-35.jpg

We stopped on one of the bends and the skipper said he was going to feed the catfish and started chucking breakfast cereal in for them

8-29.jpg

They certainlt seemed to like it!

9-28.jpg

Further upriver we spotted another eagle

10-24.jpg

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair