My Australian holiday - you asked for it !

Snatcher

Snatcher, i'm hook, great so far keep them coming, i have drop House MD to read this. :D

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We started off at the top end of the gardens where the "greenhouse triangle" was with the backdrop of the office skyline

1-17.jpg

We then walked on to the catii garden next but had to pass thousands of roosting(do bats roost?) fruit bats first.They were enormous!!!

2-17.jpg

Also the odd one was "sleepwalking" LOL.It is a truly awesome site to watch them all fly off at dusk.Never got a shot of that though.

3-15.jpg

I was well impressed with the size and variety of the catii there

4-11.jpg

5-12.jpg

6-11.jpg

I have loads more shots of the gardens "somewhere" in my oz folders but cannot put my hand on them at the moment.Ah well that means you will just have to go there and see them for yourself :rolleyes:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

From the Botanical Gardens(free) we walked the short distance to St James's Church.Amanda had told me it was pretty and I was not dissapointed.Check it out

7-8.jpg

Inside was just as awesome,the lighting seemed just right for a shot

8-8.jpg

After that it was a short walk to Hyde Park and the fountain there

9-7.jpg

10-3.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed your photographical tour of Sydney so far. Next installment wll be Darling Harbour Fiesta,with a special guest appearance by myself !!! bet you cannot wait :rolleyes:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

We then walked on to the catii garden next but had to pass thousands of roosting(do bats roost?) fruit bats first.They were enormous!!!

2-17.jpg

Also the odd one was "sleepwalking" LOL.It is a truly awesome site to watch them all fly off at dusk.Never got a shot of that though.

Hope you are satisfied..... You triggered the mongrels to come and mutilate our mangoes...:boxing::whistling:

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Brilliant photo's roll on the next lot, Thanks Snatcher

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

As promised here comes Darling Harbour Fiesta.Just before that though we had a walk through Sydneys large covered in market(Paddys Market),sorry got no photos of it.On energing from the market saw a large crowd gathered around some guy cutting out "profiles" at £1 a shot.Well I just had to have a go.What you reckon then? a good likeness? LOL

1-18.jpg

2-18.jpg

3-16.jpg

We then walked onto Darling Harbour to see the fiesta and very colourful it was too.

4-12.jpg

5-13.jpg

We then moved on down the harbour past this "old girl"

6-12.jpg

Next it was onto watch a performer blowing rather large bubbles.Never seen a boy inside a bubble before!!

7-9.jpg

8-9.jpg

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

After that we stopped for a beer on the harbourside and took this shot of these "rats with wings" - they never miss a trick do they!

9-8.jpg

We were then treated to a parade marching past

10-4.jpg

11-3.jpg

Next up was a street juggler. The guy was actually juggling with a "live" chainsaw when I arrived!!! never had time to get a shot off though.He really was very good and had the crowd in stitches with his patter.

12-3.jpg

13-2.jpg

14-3.jpg

Nobody getting bored yet? because there really is a long way to go yet.After Sydney I hired a car and had a slow drive down the coast to Melbourne,stopping overnight at lodges.After that it was another slow drive to Adelaide where I met up with our own Hellbelly. After that we flew up to Alice Springs and onto Ayres Rock.Then it was a flight to Cairns/Port Douglas and the rainforests before finally returning for another stint in Sydney.

This photographic account will keep us going well into 2009 if you really want my holiday in its entirity! Next installment will focus on Sydney Aquarium.

By the way my fishing adventures will be posted separately on the sea forum at the rate of about one a week :rolleyes:

Edited by Snatcher

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair