My Australian holiday - you asked for it !

Snatcher

The next part of our clifftop walk took us through this large graveyard.I did think it rather strange at the time!!

9-11.jpg

The walk did seem to go on forever and it really was a hot day,I am just pleased we took plenty of water with us.Our next stop was at this "Bali Bombing" memorial plaque.We did stop for a moments reflection here because in a way we were involved with it. Amanda was having her year out and was in Bali when this outrage happened.She had actually been in that same Sari nightclub only two night previous!!

10-7.jpg

At last we reached Coogee beach.We had been walking the best part of two hours and I was really looking forward to that barbie

11-6.jpg

Amandas mates(Linda) apartment was just off the seafront so we called into the offlicence on the way for some wine and beer.By the way the ozzie name for an offlicence is a "bottlo" !! The barbie was duly lit on on went Skippys left leg LOL

12-6.jpg

Jen was our chef on this occasion

13-5.jpg

Looks nice or what??

14-5.jpg

We all had a great time and drank far too much booze.I can really recommend kangaroo meat,it tastes a bit like beef but is virtually fat free - you heard it here first.

15-3.jpg

Next installment I hire a car,leave Sydney and head off on the long haul down the coast to Melbourne

Edited by Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another wonderful five minutes looking at your piccys Snatcher, thanks and keep them coming. :thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Excellent, mate.

Quote "Now there are two small beaches between Bondi and Coogee but I cannot recall their names,they were very pretty though"

They are Tamarama and Bronte beaches.

Spent a very nice week in Coogee, doing a hard rock drilling program; a beautiful place.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Keep em coming

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

"Are we sitting comfortably? then I'll begin" :rolleyes:

Well the next stage of our holiday took us from Sydney to Berry where I had prebooked a self-catering lodge for the night.In fact I had prebooked five overnight accomodation stops for us on our way down to Melbourne. First off I had to pick up the hire car at Sydney Airport and this is the little beauty,a Hyundai Getz - it virtually ran on "fresh air"!!

13-6.jpg

Fortunately the airport is on the southern edge of the city so I avoided all of those unknown,horrid one way systems in the city centre! The Royal National Park was our first port of call and very scenic it was too.Check out Werrong beach,apart from us there was a couple of surfers and a lone fisherman.

1-25.jpg

2-23.jpg

We then headed south again and pulled in at a viewing point,the actual view was pants but Dorothy seen this "face" in a large rock and snapped it.What do you reckon it looks like?

3-21.jpg

From the park we continued south and pulled in at the viewing point of Bald Hill.I could not resist asking Dorothy to take this shot!!

6-17.jpg

This route was part of the Grand Pacific Drive and very scenic it was too.This is a shot of the next bit of road we had to drive over - the Seacliff Bridge.

4-17.jpg

5-18.jpg

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Now the Seacliff Bridge was opened on Dec 11th 2005 at the cost of approx $52 million. It had been built owing to frequent landslips blocking the road. It was very spectacular to drive and walk on.

7-14.jpg

Next up it was Shellharbour.It was a really naff overcast day but we still had a stroll around its little harbour.I noticed a fisherman cleaning his catch so I took a shot of it - notice the expectant pelicans in the background. On second thoughts Dorothy must have taken this shot due to the "slanty sea" LOL

8-13.jpg

I also took a shot of this fish identification sign as reference material as I had planned to wedge in quite a bit of fishing

9-12.jpg

Dorothy had been reading about "Kiama Blowhole" and the pictures of it on our map looked really impressive so that was the next port of call.Yes you guessed it,when we got there it was low water and no waves at all to make the damm thing blow!! Here is a picture of the hole anyway

10-8.jpg

We pulled into Berry in the late afternoon so had time for a look around.It really was a nice little town,quite ordinary really apart from this hotel roof!!! I take it they have rather large spring tides :o

11-7.jpg

The next leg of the journey takes us from Berry to Jervis Bay

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

I have found it really hard to restart this thread after the tragic loss of Danny. Danny pushed me into doing this photographic diary of our Australian holiday and told me that both he and Susan looked forward to seeing every entry.

Well Danny I can assure you that I will complete it and hope you are looking down and having a good chuckle at some of them.

We left Berry at about 10am the next morning to really terrible weather.It was bitterly cold,misty and overcast but we did spot our first wild kangaroo just sitting in someones front garden. Huskisson was the first place we stopped at. We took a brisk walk around the harbour

6-19.jpg

and quickly got back into the car as it was that cold and starting to drizzle!!! We were told to call in at Hyams beach as it was supposed to have the whitest sand in Australia - quite a claim !! Well under that leaden grey sky the beach certainly did not appear white. Anyway here is a shot of deserted Hyamas Beach

7-16.jpg

We hit the road again and called into Ulladulla for fish and chips and a cuppa. From there we drove through Termail State Forest.It was a pleasant trail drive but did not stop due to the heavy rain that had arrived.I did spot a 2 foot black snake wriggling over the road and managed to avoid running it over.

Our next port of call was Pebbly Beach. Now it is supposed to be famous for its kangaroos that quite often come down to the beach. As far the kangaroos went it was a no show but we were treated to the most awesome show of wild parrots.Check out these photos

1-28.jpg

2-25.jpg

3-23.jpg

4-19.jpg

Dorothy snapped this shot of one perched on my outstretched hand

5-20.jpg

8-14.jpg

One was even inside the car boot checking out Dorothys handbag

9-13.jpg

A rather bemused Dorothy did not escape their attentions either!!

10-9.jpg

12-7.jpg

It really had been the highlight of the day and if you ever travel down the coast from Sydney to Melbourne Pebbly Beach is not to be missed.

The next installment features Eden and its killer whale museum

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair