Greenpeace slam EU quotas

kentangler

Guest jay_con

I think this was the last chance, and our government have blown it. Judging by what we are seeing in yorkshire I can only assume that the collapse of cod stocks prophecised by the scientists is almost upon us. Beleive me this is a very sad day indeed.

Yes winter, I agree. I am so bloody angry. I see that Sole quotas have been increased by 180%. I havn't caught a sole for three years! Not much chance now is there? I am going to do something to vent my anger. I have joined Greenpeace, and will be contacting their local activist group. I urge all of you on this forum to go to the Greenpeace website, and sign the e-letter that is ready made, and you can edit it, and it goes to the Minister for Fisheries. There are over 5000 of us on this forum, it is the least we can do.

the thing is i fish the west coast and weve had bad seasons but the following ones have been good .

also the wind seems to have been from the west all the time i can hardly remember an easterly so could it not be to do with that also?

on the other hand if it is fished out the only way i can see for them to stop trawling is to completely fish it out .maybe then we might get some action from the idiots in charge.

sadly i really think it has to hit rock bottom before they will do anything.

just out of interest, how are the e-letters presented/sent? I just ask, because if they contain identical content or are deemed a nusiance, then they could be blocked/diverted by the intended recipient. Or do civil service guidelines apply to email as much as they do traditional mail?

Good point, the letters content is made up by Greenpeace, but can be edited fully. You can just send it as is, or add your own comments. i have sent two, and have an automated reply. Wether the reply is sent as well as your e-latter being read I don't know. I will contact Greenpeace for an answer.

cool...thanks...it would be interesting to see if they are aware of how these mass mails are handled as emails and wether they follow up their impact on the recipient. I know the ministries have rulings on written letters, but with emails its all too easy to develop automated systems and answers which kind of defeat the point or waste energy and enthusiasm.