sea angling and conservation tv documentary.

stavey

Well done Stavey,

It is certainly a good idea and with the right contacts I can see no reason why a program of this nature could not be anything but a success.

I agree with Socksy the email would have far more impact if it was a formal letter presentation.

It would serve the cause well if it was possible to get several fishing personalities on board after all if sea fishing dies so does a large element of their material.

It would give an even greater impact if one or two overseas personalities put in an appearance, dear old Rex Hunt would give it some beef and he always has something to say about conservation.

Having said that it is a brilliant start :D:D

[ 07. February 2005, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Ken Davison South Wales ]

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

cheers ken, i have indeed sent yibida rex an email and i am waiting for a reply, as well as emails to various angling celebs. its only been just over one month and i guess these people need time as they must be very busy. television as we know is such a powerful tool so if we can get something like this out there it would be worth more than a million letters sent to the politicians.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

stavey i took yorkshire television out to sea about 8 years ago on my charter boat to film part of an episode of where the heart is ,it was to do with the cast going fishing out of whitby i had them on board for a week could do with ome of those once a month your idea is very interesting and i think would be watched by many the boys from the commercial sector would not like it at all i am sure it would rattle a few cages

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Scrabster_Dangler:

My hat goes off to you sir, that was a very well put together letter and an extremely positive response, have you had any ideas for your next step? I watch this development with baited breath

:cool: Should that not be BATED breath? :D

yep cheers steve, sure will, il let every one know how its going, but hopefully when things are in place with sponsers? i am going to need peoples input on what they think should be in the programe, so start thinking because i dont intend giving up on this, if it comes off we may only get one stab at it.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Why do you need sponsers? Surely a tv company if interested in the content, and if they think it would make a good program that will attract large numbers of viewers, will be interested and make the program with their own funding. Have you tried contacting the BBC etc? You never know, the depletion of fish stocks is very topical, and another angle on the situation might be of interest to them. Even as a short news item, it could be useful to encourage a closer look by one of the tv companies.