garbolino rods

skuba

hi everyone

just wondering what your general opinion is on 12'/13' garbolino rods for course fishing? and what you reckon to the brand in general

i'm new to fishing and i want to buy a decent rod and my local shop has some garbolino's in that look pretty solid in comparison to similar rods in the same price range by shakespeare etc.

sorry i don't have any more specific info on the rod but i don't have the model number. being inexperienced i was going to buy a rod from one of the big names such as daiwa or shakespeare, but the garbolino looked and felt great. i'm just after your views in general on garbolino because i don't want to buy a naff brand

thanks

john

Hi John and welcome to Anglers Net.

I'm not sure why you don't seem to be getting any replies on this one. Sadly I'm not going to be able to help much either as Ive never really looked at garbolino rods.

Maybe if you tell us what kind of rod you are after, an idea on what you want to catch/size and a budget some members could give you some pointers. The more you can tell us about your intended fishing the better really.

Brian.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I've never fished with a Garbolino rod, only handled them in shops. The only thing I'm qualified to say about them therefore is that they seem well-finished and feel exceptionally well-balanced in the hand compared to most other rods in their class. I'm quite happy with my MAP CFS Medium Waggler rod for light float fishing, but if I needed a replacement, the Garbolinos would be top of my shortlist.

Hi

Havent been on here for what seems an age!

Anyways, simple answer is the garbo rods are superb at pretty much all price points.

For 20-30 quid you can't beat the Knockout II for quality and price as a starter waggler. Most people say 80 quid when you ask them how much they think it costs..it looks and feels it - I know, I have three!

For a feeder you might want to look at the squad pellet combo - for around 35 quid you get the feeder and a spare top which makes it into a waggler as well, like the old style twin top avons - again superb rod.

I'd seriously start with these, you wont be dissappointed. Bare in mind though these models are really popular and you may have to search around to get them - i also heard new models are arriving in 2009 so these may not be available much longer.

Aswhi