Why is the Shore Bassing in my area this year so BAD?

sam-cox

i'v had at least one small bass of about a pound every time i'v been up the pier, my little bro took one on feathers on saturday again about a pound, infact saturday was the only day i'v personly not had one since the end of april, but the 3lb 4oz mullet made up for that :D

I'v swap ya ten small ones for one of ya 3lbers

Fishing has been slow though, in april i was catching about 30 fish a day, now 2 is more like it.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jersey guys are saying that it's been bad down there this year, blaming the pair trawlers and guernsey boats catching them in winter. I think it's just a case of sour grapes now they're not allowed in Guernsey waters anymore. Perhaps the water's simply too warm round Jersey? Sea temperature has been 18 degrees+ for a month now according to their weather reports, and I've had great difficulty in keeping sandeels/launce alive in my courge in the harbour. I personally haven't noticed any lack of fish here, I had 10 to 9.5lb yesterday, mostly between 3 & 5lb.

[ 19. September 2005, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Toerag ]

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

there are always zillions of small bass at southend pier, which is why i always live bait.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Peterthefisherman, CHUB M8

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I'm with the pessamists, there's far fewer Dorset bass this year than ever before and the same can be said of the mackerel. The shoals are smaller and spread further apart. I hope its not a sign of things to come.

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Toerag- had a better year in Jersey than last year, but thats down to having a kayak. Ten fish in a day to 9 1/2lbs- thats a dream for me! Think we have been hit quite hard by heavy fishing, but I am more concerned locally about the gill nets, which there are too many of.

B.A.S.S. member