Cooking Doggies

FearTheHands

Hiya, I gave a Dogfish to a yauchty type one day, I asked how he skinned them, he told me he (after killing it) pour boiling water over it, and the skin comes away no bother, he likened it to what you do to skin a tomatoe.....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vagabond:

Years ago, I brought home an LSD and a GSD (bull huss) Skinned and baked them both.

i've had LSD, never baked it though

[ 18. August 2005, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: jeepster ]

Put LSD in a pan, with a house brick. Simmer gently for 3 hours - throw away the LSD and eat the brick. :D

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

The humble doggie is much maligned! Like many other foods, it doesn`t taste of much. :(

Clean it, top an` tail it and bung in the micro for 6mins full power. It should then be easy to pull the skin off and seperate the meat from the backbone. Then roughly chop veg and herbs `n spices and put it in a casserole!

I`m willing to bet, that if doggies were only caught in the Indian ocean. Then your local curry house would be importing them, and we`d be paying through the nose? :D:D

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Hi Ken, I usualy Behead it, gut it, and cut it into cutlets with the skin still on, then roll the cutlets in seasoned flour and fry in frying pan, the skin usualy peels off like black pudding skin, I hope this is of use to you, I prefer it to Cod or hake. Thanks again for locations you suggested for my father,

haven't tried them yet but i will get round to it, I have been down west pier Swansea for some mackeral fishing which was successful, My father was chuffed, Wife fed up now she wants some other fish to eat, so might contact you if you don't mind, so we can catch fish for her.Tight lines m8.

It's easy! don't struggle trying to skin a dogfish. Just cut the body into sections, and pour or dip into boiling water, the skin will melt off like magic. Dry on a bit of kitchen towel, and fry in olive oil, serve with lemon juice and plenty of pepper. Not the best fish you will ever taste, but rock salmon never was.

[ 18. August 2005, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: maidstonemike ]

I've a 6 inch nail hammered into an old bit of kitchen worktop (pointy end up with a slight hook to it).

Whack the gutted doggie onto it & cut behind gills, pliers on both sides and pull skin off.

Fresh doggie fillet in batter is a good feed - don't bother if you left it 2 days before 'processing' though.

(Mind you, I like the sounds of maidstonemike's method)

And maybe It was all them years working in North London - I like 'Rock' too (Peter's fish bar, Harlesden, Rock & Savloy, marvelous grub, for Fitter's working overtime).

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.