PM from an anti-angler?

Guest sslatter

I wouldn't worry about it Mike, you're much more likely to get into bother going to a football match. I've certainly never had any experience of this and I don't know anyone who has.

well i am getting some fishing in down my local lake on thursday & friday so if i spot any i will let ya know

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going on that site has made me f**king mad

Those A-holes are actually premoting criminal damage (breaking rods etc) which is not on.

I'm going to 'join up' and be a real nuisance on there.....I may get banned in 5 mins but it'll be worth it.

Going on that site has made me f**king mad

Those A-holes are actually premoting criminal damage (breaking rods etc) which is not on.

I'm going to 'join up' and be a real nuisance on there.....I may get banned in 5 mins but it'll be worth it.

I know they say that they are going to be peacful protesting, actually talking to an angling on the bank side negates that as they are badgering you, and they wouldnt talk calmly with you because A.) they would rant on and most probably be shouting and B.) there is no way they would listen to what you have to say. It sickens me how they say just push some tackle into the water or accidently step on their equipment - that will make them react so 'we' have won, hang on you have commited criminal damage!! its a good job not a lot of this happens is all I can say, I for one would have never heard first hand of anyone experiencing it however I have seen them at a pier when on holiday in newquay however they were just holding up signs, to me thats fair as long as they do not get in anyones way!!

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

if they got there goal and got fishing banned what would happen to all the fish in private lakes and farm ponds etc, i cant see a land owner having a large body of water taking up space if he cant get the annual permit fees, so the habitat of thousands of fish would be filled in, and our rod license fees that supposedly go to re-stocking and preserving our lakes and rivers would no longer be there,

if anything fisherman are keeping lakes and ponds here and in this day and age where blocks of flats are sprouting up on any bit of waste ground available anyone who wants to keep fish here should be thankful to us

which is what i would tell any of these idiots if i was ever approached and if that didnt work a landing net handle over the head and a push towards the waters edge might help it sink in

:D Fishing scum! My feelings are hurt. I thought I was quite a decent chap.

Angry and ill-informed, the classic combination.

A balaclava will keep you warm by the water. It also makes you anonymous, dressing in black combats helps create a 'uniform' and group identity when you are out doing your bit. Neither is against the law.

Now that I would love to see - a load of 'sabs' dressed as overweight ninjas having running battles with a bunch of unfit carpers dressed as soldiers :lol:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Nope. Would not put up with it.

Luckily our Game Wardens would respond quickly to an emergency phone call, can arrest if needed, and carry guns.

One of the big english/american culture differences,the right to bear arms,our wardens don`t carry guns,luckily?Can you imagine it armed balliffs a terrifying thought(especially with some ive met ;) ) yet something "normal"from over the pond.

Steve

if fishing is so stressful to fish i wonder why its common to catch the same fish multiple times i have caught a tench that had one fin distinctively larger than the other and caught the same fish some weeks later and i have heard of it been caught several times since over the last few years so if it suffered so much surely it wouldn't still be being caught unless there is a population of tench in the pond with odd fins

there are rapists, murderers, pedos, etc out there that these people could use there time attacking it really has pee'd me off that these people are out there with no idea about what they are complaining about and failing to see all the good anglers do with the rod license fees and providing habitats for fish

i would love to meet one

there are rapists, murderers, pedos, etc out there that these people could use there time attacking

Best left to the police I think!

I think we're getting a bit carried away with this (especially as the original post is now several years old). These events are so rare as to be inconsequential. You're much, much more likely to be mugged on your way home tonight. In fact you're probably more likely to be mugged on your way home every night this week.

IF this does ever happen, pack up and go home. Don't be drawn into violence - that's always the worst response. If you are actually attacked, you can use reasonable force to defend yourself so that you can remove yourself from the situation.

But, honestly, don't dwell on it.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music