Boat Fishing at night....

Matty_B

chris parker:

As a precaution I set the Anchor alarm on the GPS sets to 300 feet.

300 FEET?! I'm lucky if I can get to 40 in Lyme Bay!!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

If the boat moves 300 feet from a centre point where the alarm was set. Average depth fished about 70 feet so 3 times the depth in anchor rope is 210 feet. When the tidal flow reverses and swings the boat round on the anchor if it drags the Anchor alarm will sound.

Thought I'd report back as I went out Friday afternoon at about 4:30, did a few miles along the coast trolling with Rapala's - had 1 Bass about 4lb. Then off about 1 mile to a little patch of rough ground to settle in for the night. We were cathing small bream straight away, but once the tide stopped it all went quiet, then as it changed it picked up again but only bream and doggies. Have to say the doggies put up a good fight in the dark! Other than that it was very quiet - we blame the bait as we only had mackerel, squid (this was a little past its best)and rag. I think crab and lug would have been a better bait but we couldn't get any.

Had another troll in the morning but nothing doing, back in Brighton for 8:30am and a big bacon buttie!

Anyway, it was a good experience!

Mate never been a boat owner,but have fished at night on a boat many times have found roker,Bass,conger & Lsds all obligeing,Also the odd mullet insure near structure,Dont hold your breath for sole though mate dont seem to like boats.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

quote:

Dont hold your breath for sole though mate dont seem to like boats.
I think the problem here is that the sole like to come close to the beaches and out of the tide. Most boat owners seem to forget that fish like to come up towards the shore to feed at night, and steam over and way past them. Around our way you'll find the sole in 4-10ft of water. Anchor in anything over 20ft and you won't ever see a sole.