R.I.P. John Darling

Wordbender

It is with great sadness that I report the passing away of John Darling, who died early this morning after a bravely fought battle with brain cancer.

John was a respected fieldsports photographer and journalist, and his love of angling, and bass fishing in particular, is well documented.

Condolences to John's wife, Sandra, and to his family and many friends. The man was a privilege to know and to work with.

Rest in peace, John - you will be sadly missed my friend.

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

I'll speak on behalf of TSF on this one ......

wonderful chap ......

a loss to his friends, his family and to angling.

Best angling photographer ever!

One of the greatest ever angling writers/photographers and an inspiration to more than a generation of anglers and angling writers. The ability to convey powerful imagery, blended with real passion for fishing and a cute sense of humour cemented permanent membership of a very small band of supreme fishermen/writers.

I never knew the man, but very, very sad news indeed.

Steve Souter

In Nomine Satanas

I too never knew the man, but it has never stopped me enjoying his pictures at all!

My sincere condolences to his wife and family.

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Sad news indeed.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

'Wordbender', it might be of some comfort to the family, if you have the address, to copy and paste this tribute and those from the other Forums ...... Sea Angler and Total Sea Fishing ...

Total Sea Fishing is at:

total-fishing.com/SeaForum.asp?...7F71C1F6&Page=1

Might be best to wait a few days for the TSF boys to add more.

Very sad news ....

Ada

Guest stevie cop

Very sad news.

John was number one on my list of people who I would most like to meet. His death has left a void that will never be filled.

His style of writing was unique and made you feel as though you were there with him. The ability to hold your interest from the first word, and leave you wanting more to such an extent, that you would read his words over and over again.

John was an inspiration to me and many others, and although I never knew him, I will miss him dearly.

Sleep well John.

Steve Coppolo