Abbotsbury At Its BEST

MainBassMan

:sun: What hair type is the shampoo intended for - Mines rubbed in fish slime !!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry couldn't make it; the car on a total go slow :drunk: - meant to say go stop!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

we didn't go to abbs in the end, heard they were catching pouting down at seatown so eager not to miss out we loaded up with ragworm, frozen lug & sandeels.

bit of a swell when we got there, waves coming right up the beach in places so we set up camp near the car park, so we had a means of retreat.

John set up his new 3 piece penn beach caster & i baited up the old faithfull abu conolon with a nice big ragworm on a 3/0 hook. As soon as we had set up, i went to chat with the neigbouring angler, sure enough, he confirmed, the pouting were out there, he had already hooked into two of them. I rushed back to our camp to tell john the news. We spent an anxious few minutes watching the rod tips, trying to distinguish the nod of the waves from the tell tale rattle of a pouting.

A few minutes later, my heart leapt into my throat as the rod tip moved, I grabbed the rod, only to find a piece of seaweed had caught the line & was pulling in the surf. Not giving up however, I tightened the line again & tensley lit a cigarette. It was then that it happened, bang, the tip went, i struck & steadily reeled in against the pull of the waves. I landed a fine pouting of aproximatly 6 inches. No time for a photograph, as the swell made returning it safely a matter of fine timing.

John had some knocks but alas no fish on his new rod, so we rebaited this time he with sandeel & i with lug & nevously sat down to wait.

Before i could finish my first beer, i was into another one, a slightly smaller specimin this time, but a pouting non the less. This to was safely returned & we sat down to await the next.

The action slowed down for the next hour or so, after such an exiting start.

The angler next to us was joined by a woman carrying 2 saucepans, she asked about our catch & seemed dissapointed when we told her we had put them back! Do people eat pouting in Dorset, I thought they were regarded as purely sport fish, like rockling.

After several changes of bait & with the onset of darkness, John finally christened his new Penn with a good sized pout of about 5 inches. We had a few more casts but as the tide turned, the action died away so we retired to the pub to talk over our fantastic pouting session.

sunsetabbs003.jpg

Edited by ziggy searchfield

great report :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Mar 4 2007, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:clap2: You've had some of that silicone enhanced fuel have you? :clap2:

No it was a buggered Injection pump - you were on the right track with fuel though!!! :sun:

:clap:

Pump fixed :bangin: so The Cottages on the cards next few days as wind is now abaiting!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: