Abbotsbury At Its BEST

MainBassMan

Fished near the cottage mark this afternoon nothing doing came away wet and no fish, where are the fish :angry:

:headhurt: I think it is a fish Bank Holiday!!!!! :wallbash::wallbash:

BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

allthough not strictly abbotsbury it was on the adelaide stretch i can now put in a catch report.

my friend tim and myself got to the adelaide at approx 21.00hrs.fished for mackerel with feathers and did not get anything at distance,panic set in as we needed some bait.eventually we caught two literallly under the rod tip.

tim fished a single hook pulley rig 2/0 at distance baited with squid,i fished two pulley rigs one 1/0 and size 2/0 both baited with squid ,one of which was tipped with mackerel underbelly. we both had small knocks at first which met with resistance and we were almost certain that this was spidercrabs as the bait was stripped.

about 10 .30 we had the first definate fish bite a large knock on the rod and i missed it,but still encouraging signs.i decided to set up a third rod,half mackerel on a conger trace freelined about 15 yrds out,it was during this time that tim hit a bite on my rod (the squid one ) and we had the first doggie.

we had a spell of about 40 minutes and we had some more doggies and a bonus smoothhound which weighed about a pound.

then we hit a quiet spell and then another wave of activity.more doggies and a another smoothie about two pounds.

we eventually packed up about 3.00 am we had caught more doggies but tiredness was kicking in.

all in all it was a good session ,i had no knocks on the half mackerel .but we ended up with a double figure of doggies and two smoothies.all the dogfish were quite plump and gave a good account of themselves .could they have been small huss? this has whetted the appetitie and hopefully will be fishing wednesday night with zhiggy.if he is free.

photos to follow.

Edited by hembo

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

all in all it was a good session ,i had no knocks on the half mackerel .but we ended up with a double figure of doggies and two smoothies.all the dogfish were quite plump and gave a good account of themselves .could they have been small huss? this has whetted the appetitie and hopefully will be fishing wednesday night with ziggy.if he is free.

photos to follow.

Ive heard he's cheap, anyway!!

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Not a single bite from the bottam tackle in 23 hours........

But 40 plus mackeral with ease - great .... bait for when the

bottam feeders come back!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

• 2 weeks later...

Correct fish baits fine at Chesil as long as flatties are not being targeted........

• 2 weeks later...

Fished last night at cottages - just a few dogs and a deluge of tiny pout!!! 2-3oz in size.........