BROADS ANGLERS have your say.

Peter Waller

Probably because no one else wanted the job I find myself sitting on the Broads Authority navigation committee. Although I am a yotti wot you lot throw groundbait at when I sail past, I am also an angler, and that is why I was proposed for and invited to join the Broads Authority. So, any matters relating to angling and/or boats on the Broads then it seems I'm your man, heaven forbid! I also sit on the Broads Angling Strategy group, a body that advises the Broads Authority. In a nutshell, I'm here to listen and perhaps take your concerns to the relevant department. Please feel free to send p.m's to me if you wish.

Contrary to rumours I shall not be pushing for a ban on electronic bite alarms or a total cull on carp, well, not publically anyway!

Hi Peter, you didnt tell me that.

Well, maybe you can help me and a few other broads anglers then. Why is it we love the smell of bream and the lovely slime they leave in our landing nets and carp anglers dont?

There, straight to the point and may bag a troll as well. Also i will ask you some more probing questions like this when you come back into my shop next time and maybe talk about using carp as livebait for coypu like they used to do in the old days :D

I grew up in boats!

P.S. Was after the local carp this morning but it has started raining, and a cup of coffee seemed so much more inviting, so they are saved for another day. There were three very large fish in the reeds last night and they were still there this morning. They have had over five hours of attention so far, what more do they need :confused: ? Netting 'em would have been an easy option. Very nearby boats just don't seem to worry them. Perhaps I haven't got what it takes to be a carp angler

[ 25. July 2004, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Peter Waller:

I grew up in boats!

Perhaps I haven't got what it takes to be a carp angler

Ah, but you must have the mandatory, bivvy, sh*te alarms, Union Jack hangers, and bivvy slippers! Then you'll ave em!

Can't set a bivvy up on my boat! As for sh*te alarms, no probs, I use landing nets sticks pushed into the mud alongside the boat. Bivvy slippers, in a boat swilling with rain water! Shhhh, wouldn't be seen dead in 'em.

These fish come into the reeds with the topping of the tide, feed, come slack water they move back into the deeper water. You might get an hours feeding slot. Have fished the last two hours of tide quite a few times this summer but have yet to hook one yet, frustrating.

Had one of the smaller ones on a scum frog once, silly creature, 18 pounds. They were stocked into the Broad in 1946 and have eluded capture pretty much ever since. One over 20 was taken on a pikers deadbait last winter, blessed nuisance fish! I belive I'm right in saying 26 is the biggest caught so far, but these are the smaller fish!